C4 Forums | Control4

Humidity Control Option

rf9000

I have a situation where there are 7 C4 THERMs in a control room, all using remote temperature sensors. Next to these thermostats, there are three furnaces, each with its own Honeywell Humidifier. I would like to wire the humidifiers direct up to the C4 thermos, which is done by two wires into I1 and I2 terminals, easy enough.  The difficulty comes with how to get readings from the home and report those back to the specific thermostat that controls the humidifier for that area. I have the option to run wires for humidity sensors, but the C4 thermos dont have inputs or work with wired remote humidity sensors. So will they work with wireless ones? I would probably like to locate 3-4 remote humidity sensors. Is there any real good solutions for this that integrates perfectly with C4? For instance, one of the furnaces with attached humidifier oversees the kitchen and rec room area. I would like to position one remote sensor in this rec room to report back to the thermostat for the rec room. So on my phone or touchscreen, when I select the rec room thermostat, I can click on humidity for the correct reading and adjust it if needed.

Unfortunately there are no remote humidity detectors you can do this with as far as I know to directly update the C4. You might and likely can get a rmote z2io or something like or a motion/humidity detector in order to do this but again the therm will always read humidity in room thermostat is in. This means with the furnaces which will be incorrect 100% of the time. 

Certainly doesn't sound like an isolated use case so would hope that it can be done.  Another humidity sensor option:  I believe the Axxess 360 Motion Sensor includes a humidity sensor that connects to C4 via ZigbeePro.  So you can get the humidity value in.  The question then is whether your dealer can bind that value to be the humidity value for the thermostat you're accessing.  I think you can do that with temperature: take the temp value from the X2IO and make that the temp value for the room and is shown in the UI as the room temp - and can be used in programming too.  Not sure about humidity though.  @msgreenf may know.....

4 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Unfortunately there are no remote humidity detectors you can do this with as far as I know to directly update the C4. You might and likely can get a rmote z2io or something like or a motion/humidity detector in order to do this but again the therm will always read humidity in room thermostat is in. This means with the furnaces which will be incorrect 100% of the time. 

You can override the Humidity sensor for the Control4 Thermostats.  There is a connection for it. You can bind the Z2io to get remote humidity.  That is the only device that I know that provides humidity.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 1.37.15 PM.png

8 hours ago, Dueport said:

Could the Axxess 360 Motion Sensor (with humidity) also be used in this context?

Anything that exposes the humidity as a connection would work with the control4 thermostat.   I took a quick peek at the driver and it does support a humidity binding...it should work. 

12 hours ago, DanITman said:

Anything that exposes the humidity as a connection would work with the control4 thermostat.   I took a quick peek at the driver and it does support a humidity binding...it should work. 

That's excellent - thank you for checking and confirming!

21 hours ago, DanITman said:

Dealer tried this, didn't work couple years back, maybe it was updated. It will read humidity but in driver he couldn't get the C4 stat to use Axxess as a remote humidity sensor thus C4 stat won't operate off of that. Still uses local sensor for operation.

3 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Dealer tried this, didn't work couple years back, maybe it was updated. It will read humidity but in driver he couldn't get the C4 stat to use Axxess as a remote humidity sensor thus C4 stat won't operate off of that. Still uses local sensor for operation.

Just helped someone do it today with the Axxess motion sensor.  Works find.  Need to set variable 32 on the thermostat itself to "Control4 Value" for it work properly. 

7 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

So where it says "Control4 Relative Humidity" and has the #32 you write Control4 Value?

No, you go into the thermostats setup via the thermostat itself.  You run through the options with the down area and change option #32.  It will only allow you to select a couple different values. This tells Control4 to use the binding value and not the internal value. 

1 hour ago, DanITman said:

No, you go into the thermostats setup via the thermostat itself.  You run through the options with the down area and change option #32.  It will only allow you to select a couple different values. This tells Control4 to use the binding value and not the internal value. 

Will have to try this, thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.