C4 Forums | Control4

Trigger a "Refresh Navigators" programmatically?

Nitin

I want to change the "monitor mode" on my T3 tablets when I change the value of a variable. I want to do this so that i can use the cameras on the T3 to monitor my home when I am away. This automation works just fine in composer, however, the actual tablet does not go into monitor mode. But, when I do a "Refresh navigators" from composer, the T3 tablet picks up the change and goes into monitor mode.

Questions:

• Is there a delay between the setting updating in composer and the tablet picking it up, so this is a non-issue?
  • If the above is not true, then can I trigger a "refresh navigators" programmatically?

Bottom line is that I want to be able to flip the T3 into monitor mode if I am remote. Any insights are welcome.

Thanks.

I do this in my own home and I trigger the programming by the status of the alarm system (i.e... When Alarm armed Away -> monitor mode/auto answer on the tablets).   I don't have to do any sort of refresh and it happens pretty much immediately.  

What do you mean by "This automation works just fine in composer"?  It seems that it doesn't work if you are having to do something else manually, but I may be misunderstanding.  

1 minute ago, treynolen said:

I do this in my own home and I trigger the programming by the status of the alarm system (i.e... When Alarm armed Away -> monitor mode/auto answer on the tablets).   I don't have to do any sort of refresh and it happens pretty much immediately.  

What do you mean by "This automation works just fine in composer"?  It seems that it doesn't work if you are having to do something else manually, but I may be misunderstanding.  

What I mean by that is in composer I can see the appropriate checkbox for "monitor mode" on the T3 settings turn on, but when I call the T3 using my phone, it does not show me video. However, when I send a "refresh navigator" command from composer, the T3 shows video when called from my phone.

To answer your question, there a few drivers that allow you to refresh navigators programmatically. I use @msgreenf’s Renamer driver to do this.  It is available from Blackwire.

in terms of why you need to refresh navigators in your use case, I am stumped as I would not have thought that this was necessary!

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

To answer your question, there a few drivers that allow you to refresh navigators programmatically. I use @msgreenf’s Renamer driver to do this.  It is available from Blackwire.

in terms of why you need to refresh navigators in your use case, I am stumped as I would not have thought that this was necessary!

Thanks for the driver recommendation.

Regarding my problem, your thoughts are that once the checkbox to enter monitor mode is checked, the tablet should immediately convert to that mode?

2 hours ago, James McKernan said:

Thanks for the driver recommendation.

Regarding my problem, your thoughts are that once the checkbox to enter monitor mode is checked, the tablet should immediately convert to that mode?

So my touchscreens convert to monitor mode as soon as I send the relevant command in programming.  When you say tablet, are you referring to a portable T3/T4?

3 hours ago, James McKernan said:

@South Africa C4 user I mean T3. That's the model I have in my home.

If it’s an in wall T3, refreshing navigators should not be necessary.  If it is a portable T3, then I can’t comment as I have never used one.  It seems surprising that a refresh navigators is needed but maybe they are just sleepy and need some sort of nudge to update the setting (and I guess that refreshing navigators would give that nudge).  

1 minute ago, South Africa C4 user said:

If it’s an in wall T3, refreshing navigators should not be necessary.  If it is a portable T3, then I can’t comment as I have never used one.  It seems surprising that a refresh navigators is needed but maybe they are just sleepy and need some sort of nudge to update the setting (and I guess that refreshing navigators would give that nudge).  

I am going to update the OS to the latest version and see if that solves this. Thanks for all the replies.

12 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

Tried this at home on my own, worked without refresh on in wall T3. 

Thanks. I'll need to dig into what else could be the issue then. Seems like this is isolated on my instal. I'll try and use hard wired connection vs wifi. Not that it should make a diff, but who knows!

On 4/28/2022 at 10:33 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

maybe they are just sleepy

ding ding ding!

They should eventually change their setting, but it may take longer. Refresh nav as such isn't required for the change you are trying to make, but a refresh nav will force all devices to communicate so any other settings chenges would be 'seen' by the portable devices as well.

That said, I would expect portable screens to still change their monitoring state within a minute, maybe at the VERY worst 5 minutes. If it isn't than I would indeed wonder if it's somehow falling off the network (or the router's connected devices list)

On 4/26/2022 at 3:01 PM, treynolen said:

My Berto Agent driver, https://prod.berto.io/c4z/Berto_Agent.c4z, provides the ability to programatically Refresh Navigators.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.