C4 Forums | Control4

T3 Touch Screen - Showing No Command, Factory reset but still same

On 8/16/2023 at 2:34 AM, GAC said:

Can you please advise reliable web sites to download the programs in 1 & 2 above. Please 

My suggestion is to use v4.8 for the USB drivers attached, the reason is because sometimes these old T3 tablets do not get picked up with the newer Rockchip USB drivers properly and the Imaging fails to run successfully (just from my experience).

However you can also obtain v5.1.1 from here if you wish to give it a go: https://androidmtk.com/download-rockchip-driver-assistant

I have attached both files that I personally use.

RKDevTool_Release_v2.79.zip Rockchip_DriverAssitant_v4.8.zip

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/15/2023 at 9:34 PM, GAC said:

Can you please advise reliable web sites to download the programs in 1 & 2 above. Please 

What is the issue, just Google it and u can for sure download a working copy, just make sure u have virus scanner on all the time!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 6:58 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

I was about to give up (having attempted 8 or 9 different cables) when I reread this thread (thanks to all contributors) and saw an alternative to holding the unmarked pinhole and pressing the reset pinhole to identify the device.

@Cyknight- may be worth adding the alternative to your write up in Dropbox.  It worked instantly for me.

For others reading this, the alternative was to hold in the unmarked pinhole button while plugging the USB cable in with the RkDev tool open. The device was identified within seconds…

Thanks to everyone who posted on this - I have converted a brick into a functioning T3 - very satisfying!

Thanks to all, I too couldn't get the other two options to work. Pressing the unmarked one only while connected worked for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/2/2023 at 7:36 PM, Dee Ess said:

Does it still need to connected to wired ethernet/internet maybe?

no, it should not be connected to Ethernet, just a good USB Data cable (this is important, as some cheap USB cables will only do Charging functions), try not to use any USB extensions, and use the rear-USB ports on a Windows based Desktop PC (or laptop) - not a Virtual Machine or Apple Mac with Parallels or anything like that.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.