C4 Forums | Control4

T3 Touch Screen - Showing No Command, Factory reset but still same

I have a T3 c4 Wall 7" 7 -1 -BL powered by POE, won't show on network or composer pro. I have done a factory reset, shows Erase then reboots but still says no command. 

Any one had this issue or have any ideas it was working fine before? Control4 tech support says buy a new one. 

On 1/27/2023 at 1:54 PM, HTAI said:

Thanks, I tried the reset with the erase but still keeps coming up with the same no command. 

U need to reflash it with T3 image, seek your Dealer or a friend or DIY if you love fixing dead hardware 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 9:18 PM, Amr said:

U need to reflash it with T3 image, seek your Dealer or a friend or DIY if you love fixing dead hardware 🙂

Hello! What is process of reflashing looks like? is it software update or need to replace any elements on board? 

Cause panel is  inaccessible, how to connect?

3 hours ago, Costa said:

Hello! What is process of reflashing looks like? is it software update or need to replace any elements on board? 

Dealer can do this for you as long as they can see the T3 on the network. May be able to do it with a direct cable connection also - not sure.

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Dealer can do this for you as long as they can see the T3 on the network. May be able to do it with a direct cable connection also - not sure.

No, unless it's on the network, the image updater/restore software won't work. And if it shows no command, it's very unlikely it's on the network, as it means it's not passing bios boot

9 hours ago, Costa said:

Need to be re-flashed via USB cable can’t be restored via any other way!

On 2/10/2023 at 8:10 AM, Cyknight said:

Then by all means share it - because there certainly isn't any official way of doing a restore using the usb port - not in field at least.

HYG: On a Windows PC/Laptop:

1)Install Rockchip_DriverAssitant_v5.1.1

2)Install RKDevTool_Release_v2.79

3)In RKDevTool open config file change language to 2, [Language] Selected=2, save file

4)Grap a Data Micro USB Cable, not power one, make sure of this to have successful flashing

5)Open RKDevTool, connect your T3 screen USB to computer while putting it in Flash Mode, for TT press “Power” with “Volume up” while plugging in the USB, for wall I think u press “Reset” while plugging in the USB to laptop or PC

6)It should show one device connected!

7)U go to Upgrade firmware tab, Use "Firmware" to load the image, then "Upgrade" to write the image to T3

8]It should show progress, wait till its 100% complete, and in the screen if all good it will say all is good, now the screen will be rebooted and u have ur T3 back!

9)If you keep getting "Match device type failed, stop running!" try pressing the switch button first in the tool then hit upgrade

10)Update/Downgrade to your latest OS3 release!

11)Google the programs, download and install, use this for T3 image: https://mega.nz/file/gaJl1IrY#pGEN1sIxxyL9v8hXQx9lbNlyZ4rVfHAXBBCcOE1rpMY

You will thank me later, I have a PayPal if you want to donate 🤓 as I had just lost a cheap source of bricked screens that I bought over the past year!

12 hours ago, Amr said:

HYG: On a Windows PC/Laptop:
1)Install Rockchip_DriverAssitant_v5.1.1

2)Install RKDevTool_Release_v2.79

3)In RKDevTool open config file change language to 2, [Language] Selected=2, save file

4)Grap a Data Micro USB Cable, not power one, make sure of this to have successful flashing

5)Open RKDevTool, connect your T3 screen USB to computer while putting it in Flash Mode, for TT u hit Power with volume up while plugging in the USB, for wall I think u hit reset while plugging in the USB to laptop or PC

6)It should show one device connected!

7)U go to Upgrade firmware tab, Use "Firmware" to load the image, then "Upgrade" to write the image to T3

8]It should show progress, wait till its 100% complete, and in the screen if all good it will say all is good, now the screen will be rebooted and u have ur T3 back!

9)Update to your latest OS3 release!

Google the programs, download and install, use this for T3 image

https://mega.nz/file/gaJl1IrY#pGEN1sIxxyL9v8hXQx9lbNlyZ4rVfHAXBBCcOE1rpMY

You will thank me later, I have a PayPal if you want to donate 🤓 as I had just lost a cheap source of bricked screens that I bought over the past year!

Appreciate that write up.

It does work well. Mt only question is do you have access to the older firmware's or know how to save them from a working T3? After restoring I had to use C4 image updater tool to roll back to 2.9.1 as thats what this particular system was running on. Not a deal breaker just extra steps.

The only other note I would add is I had to press the "switch" button in the firmware tool as I was getting an error trying to upload every time.

Used this method for half dozen years now.... I find the easiest for Inwall is to load the T3 firmware in the Rockchip software. Next, hold down reset button beside the microphone while connecting the USB cable to the T3 inwall. Should start flashing.  Lastly, re-boot the touchscreen with Rockchip software turned off or closed for reflash to load.

17 hours ago, loudsubz said:

Appreciate that write up.

It does work well. Mt only question is do you have access to the older firmware's or know how to save them from a working T3? After restoring I had to use C4 image updater tool to roll back to 2.9.1 as thats what this particular system was running on. Not a deal breaker just extra steps.

The only other note I would add is I had to press the "switch" button in the firmware tool as I was getting an error trying to upload every time.

I believe I have something for OS2, I will try to find it, upgraded in 2020, so that’s quiet some time, I ditched most of my OS2 repo, but let me search for it first!

I updated the post with ur tip! Am thinking of sending it to a separate thread, if required.

• 2 weeks later...

You can download the tools here: https://dl.radxa.com/rock_pro/tools/windows/

I used RKDevTool_Release_v2.96-20221121, Rockchip_DriverAssitant_v5.1.1.

I didn't make any changes to the config.ini file, the RKDevTool started in English.

If you get an error saying the tool cannot find the config.ini file, move the whole folder somewhere else, e.g. to the C:\ root (it's some path issue, either special characters or the path is too long or something like that).

You know the touch screen is in the correct mode when the app says Found One LOADER Device; not Found One ADB Device or Found One MSC Device or No Devices Found.

You can just simply press & hold the recovery button on the device (IW: left-hand pinhole, TT: volume up button) while plugging the USB cable in, it should start in the correct LOADER mode immediately. (This helped me with a 10" IW which either wouldn't react to the Reset button or would always end up in the ADB mode for some reaseon.) Or plug the USB cable in first, then press & hold the recovery button and then just shortly press the Reset (pinhole) button if it's easier. The device should show up in RKDevTool almost immediately as a LOADER Device, it shouldn't be necessary to keep holding the recovery button for long.

Has anyone not had luck getting the TS into loader mode? Its an Inwall. 

I have tried the holding the reset pin while inserting the USB cable.

Ive tried holding the reset pin and hitting the reset pin while the USB in plugged in. The TS stays dark and doesn't show up as a found device in the devtool. 

Ive tried using the Switch button while the usb is plugged in. It shows "Switch rockusb start" then "Switch rockusb Success" but the touchscreen stays dark and never reloads.

The only way i can get it to show in the DevTOol is to reboot or reset the TS. Then it shows as a ADB device. 

Ive also tried a couple different cables. 

Not sure what else to try. Im running windows in a VM but have the USB directly connect to windows on plug in. 

Thanks
Ryan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.