C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV driver by Intrinsic Not Working

We have the apple tv driver by Intrinsic and it recently stopped responding to remote commands. I can get on my iphone and use that remote function but not through the C4 system. I noticed on the Iphone remote for apple tv that now I have to select the device from the top drop down menu, I wonder if this is causing issues with the intrinsic driver. Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution?

3 hours ago, grant0830 said:

We have the apple tv driver by Intrinsic and it recently stopped responding to remote commands. I can get on my iphone and use that remote function but not through the C4 system. I noticed on the Iphone remote for apple tv that now I have to select the device from the top drop down menu, I wonder if this is causing issues with the intrinsic driver. Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution?

Driver is using an unpublished API work that is probably broken with the latest update, would u pls bring this to Intrinsic attention and seek their response, it might be a small/big work? Only they can answer this.

In the mean time if you have your prime controller EAx and above use the native Apple Driver, it just works! Also if you love tinkering you can use PyATV, it even allows you’ll to use MiniApps with your Apple TV!

On 4/13/2023 at 9:46 PM, grant0830 said:

Please ask your Control4 dealer to submit a support request on our website. Without knowing what tvOS your ATV is on and which of our ATV drivers you're using it's hard to advise. Our support ticket system (www.intrinsicdev.com/support) is staffed by our driver developers so they're the best placed to advise.

Our current tvOS 16 driver is compatible with all currently released tvOS 16 firmwares.

Apple TV is on OS 16.4.1 and Intrinsic driver connection shows "driver inactive - disconnected from ATV (NORMAL). If I select the device (Apple TV) in a room the driver is recognizing the driver is in use - selected in a zone, however on the SR-260 I can not control the Apple TV? Under license info shows Ver: 221102

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.