C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Sonoff Driver

alanchow

signature-logo

Overview

Chowmain releases Sonoff driver for Control4. Sonoff is a manufacturer of smart home devices that provides affordable and easy-to-use solutions for home automation. Sonoff device integration to Control4 includes smart plugs, switches, RGB/CT lighting and more. This driver package includes support of Sonoff devices in DIY-mode (LAN control) or eWelink-mode (Cloud control of devices added using the eWelink app) for bi-directional control and feedback.

Sonoff Wi-Fi devices are extremely affordable with relay device pricing starting from $5.00 USD, bulbs from $9.00 USD and smart plugs from $12.00 USD.

No additional hardware / hub required. Just connect directly to your Wi-Fi network and off you go.

Driver Features

• Two way control (instanteous control/feedback)
  • Auto-discovery of devices (Sonoff DIY-mode and eWelink)
  • One plug/switch driver for supported 1-4 channel devices (eWelink)
  • Support for other branded products compatible with the eWelink app. (1-4 channel device types)
  • Native Control4 color wheel/temperature control
  • Daylight agent support

eWelink Agent

• LAN Local discovery of Sonoff devices setup in DIY mode
  • Cloud discovery of compatible Sonoff/eWelink devices enrolled into eWelink account.

eWelink Plug/Switch driver

• Support for 1-4 channel plugs/switches.
  • Discrete trigger of each channel programmatically.
  • Optional Light or Relay bindings created dynamically.
  • Programmable device Offline/Online events.
  • Auto Rename driver

eWelink LED Bulb driver

• Dynamic capabilities based on LED bulb type. (RGB + CCT) or (RGB Only).
  • Full native Control4 color wheel and temperature control.
  • Programmable device Offline/Online events.
  • Auto Rename driver

eWelink Non-Dimmable Light driver

• Optional driver to be used with the eWelink Plug/Switch drivers to represent a light in Control4 Navigators

Sonoff Plug/Switch driver (DIY mode)

• Auto IP Address configuration
  • Adjustable Command Delays
  • Adjustable device poll times
  • Adjustable Device Power on state and Switch configuration

Sonoff LED Bulb driver (DIY mode)

• Auto IP Address configuration
  • Adjustable Command Delays
  • Adjustable device poll times
  • Full native Control4 color wheel and temperature control.

FAQ

What Sonoff products are supported with eWelink (Cloud)?

The below products have been tested:

The below products have NOT been tested but may work:

What Sonoff products are supported with DIY mode?

Why are these products so exciting?

• Extremely affordable.
  • A controllable 5V/2.5A USB Smart Adaptor to schedule device charging times, turn on/off your USB powered devices etc.
  • Great form-factor switches which are easily retrofittable to give you 1-4 channels of controllable loads. Their smallest switch is 33 x 39.5 x 16.8mm.
  • All Sonoff plug/switch devices have configurable "inching" times which is a built-in off timer. (5 seconds - 59 minutes 59.5 seconds).
  • All Sonoff plug/switch devices have configurable "Power On State" configurations. This is useful for power events to ensure the channels always come back in a "On, Off, or previous state".

Is an active internet connection required to use this driver?

If you are integrating devices linked to an eWelink account, an active and stable internet connection is required. If you are integrating Sonoff devices configured with DIY mode, these DO NOT require an active internet connection.

Where can I buy Sonoff/eWelink products from?

Sonoff/eWelink products can be purchased directly from their official website or Amazon. See link Where to buy

I want to try this driver out before buying it?

All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial.

How do I find out more information about the driver?

Please see the links below for more information about the driver.

Driver Link

gallery01.png

Very nice.

The 4 channel $40 relay will be very useful.

From the guy who always wants more.....
  If you could add their door contact, that would make a nice retro garage door kit using with the 4ch relay.
  And the $35 AC ceiling fan module, would be a welcome add.

Thanks for the great drivers.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Dylan said:

Hi, the Sonoff Agent doesnt seem to populate when you add it to a project, the other sonoff drivers do, but not the agent. Any fix for this?

Agents are installed via the agents tab

• 1 month later...

Is there any additional benefits to e-WeLink advanced plan? Are there any future plans for making use of these features? It seems they are open up to the world with a lot on integration options unlike the Tuya idiots!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone try a POWR3 module with this driver yet?  It is a pretty high powered switch.

Does this driver support the power monitoring that some of the Sonoff switches have?  Could this be added to future versions of the driver?  Especially if you could trigger events when the power draw changes.

On 9/27/2023 at 12:15 PM, zaphod said:

Anyone try a POWR3 module with this driver yet?  It is a pretty high powered switch.

Does this driver support the power monitoring that some of the Sonoff switches have?  Could this be added to future versions of the driver?  Especially if you could trigger events when the power draw changes.

The driver supports both DIY mode and eWeLink mode.  From the looks of things the POWR3 is compatible with eWeLink mode though we have not tested this ourselves.  I highly recommend you utilise our 90 day trial before licence purchase to make sure it meets your requirements.  Note that we do not support power monitoring for these devices.

If you require support please reach out via methods linked below.

https://chowmain.software/for-integrators/technical-support

Thanks Alan, I am able to control the POWR3 with the eWeLink app, so presumably that means that it is supported in eWeLink mode.

I will give it a try.  Even if you didn't support power monitoring it could be useful to have events based on the switch sensing a load.

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, AshMania said:

Hi @alanchow / @Andrew luecke

Does the driver support motor mode for DUALR3 (for shade control)?  The post above and online driver webpage says DUALR3 switch mode is only supported - just wanted to confirm...

Thanks

The DUALR3 doesn't have DIY mode so it would rely on eWeLink which is a cloud based API.  If you require two relays for your shades i would suggest looking at the Shely Plus 2PM

https://www.shelly.com/en-au/products/shop/shelly-plus-2-pm

On 3/2/2024 at 5:59 PM, alanchow said:

The DUALR3 doesn't have DIY mode so it would rely on eWeLink which is a cloud based API.  If you require two relays for your shades i would suggest looking at the Shely Plus 2PM

https://www.shelly.com/en-au/products/shop/shelly-plus-2-pm

Shelly Plus 2PM is the route I was initially planning to go, but the Sonoff DUALR3 was cheaper (which would be non-trivial as I multiply the number of shades I want to control), so figured I would find out.  Thanks for the confirmation.

1 hour ago, AshMania said:

Shelly Plus 2PM is the route I was initially planning to go, but the Sonoff DUALR3 was cheaper (which would be non-trivial as I multiply the number of shades I want to control), so figured I would find out.  Thanks for the confirmation.

It will be worth the extra few dollars.