C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV & IP Control

51 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

We got this fixed last night and it was 100% my fault. I learned something new yesterday but this is not how I have done any other Apple TV drivers. But now I know a new procedure for doing this

Congrats on getting it fixed! And sounds like you've got a new and improved process for future projects! Yay for learning!

Mind sharing what stumped you?

16 minutes ago, jimbones said:

Congrats on getting it fixed! And sounds like you've got a new and improved process for future projects! Yay for learning!

Mind sharing what stumped you?

In all previous projects I would add the apple bridge driver and configure it. Then add the Apple TV driver and can figure it. And now you have to add them simultaneously

44 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

In all previous projects I would add the apple bridge driver and configure it. Then add the Apple TV driver and can figure it. And now you have to add them simultaneously

Gr8 u didn’t go the un-register controller route! This was bogus to me as well specially with 3.3.3 lots of fixes provided already

Just now, Amr said:

Gr8 u didn’t go the un-register controller route! This was bogus to me as well specially with 3.3.3 lots of fixes provided already

There was never a need to do anything with controller registration. There is nothing tied to cloud. 

The two drivers that need to be installed prior to enabling in the C4 iOS app (Apple TV Control --> Enable Control) are:

Apple Bridge --> anywhere in the project.

Apple TV (Gen 4 and 4k) [IP] --> in the room where the Apple TV is located.

On 5/19/2023 at 6:28 PM, ajd123 said:

The two drivers that need to be installed prior to enabling in the C4 iOS app (Apple TV Control --> Enable Control) are:

Apple Bridge --> anywhere in the project.

Apple TV (Gen 4 and 4k) [IP] --> in the room where the Apple TV is located.

Will, this is my setup, what was ur issues, I didn’t really understand, what u were missing?

12 minutes ago, Amr said:

Will, this is my setup, what was ur issues, I didn’t really understand, what u were missing?

The way I have always set it up in the past is install the apple bridge driver connected to Apple home, then install the Apple TV drivers. That is no longer the case

41 minutes ago, Amr said:

Both drivers need to be present at the same time before starting the process. 

We were trying to complete Apple TV Control --> Enable Control with just the Apple Bridge driver installed.

19 minutes ago, ajd123 said:

Both drivers need to be present at the same time before starting the process. 

We were trying to complete Apple TV Control --> Enable Control with just the Apple Bridge driver installed.

Okay, when I setup mine, both drivers were installed, I setup this in 3.3.2

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, texastallguy24 said:

I am having this same issue and did the steps above,
I am still getting "Accessory not found, You made need to retsarted your accessory before you can add it to your home."

I've rebooted my C5, Ive factory reset my apple tv, I have no idea where to go from here

I am having the same issue for over two weeks now. System was perfect for years so no sure the issue. 

My dealer and I were having the same issues. We changed the VPN to production on the Setup tab in Composer under tools and System Manager, then Set VPN Host, pick Production. Instantly worked after.

11 hours ago, texastallguy24 said:

I am having this same issue and did the steps above,
I am still getting "Accessory not found, You made need to retsarted your accessory before you can add it to your home."

I've rebooted my C5, Ive factory reset my apple tv, I have no idea where to go from here

3 hours ago, Brevanb said:

My dealer and I were having the same issues. We changed the VPN to production on the Setup tab in Composer under tools and System Manager, then Set VPN Host, pick Production. Instantly worked after.

Why weren't you on production? 

• 5 months later...