C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV & IP Control

I have followed all directions in the Apple Bridge Driver article (attached).

Have tried factory resetting the AppleTV twice.

Have tried rebooting the EA5.

I cannot get the Control4 iOS app to complete the Apple TV integration.  I keep getting the "Unable to complete Apple TV integration" error (attached)>

It is driving me crazy, does anyone have any suggestions?

IMG_2922.PNG

Apple Bridge Driver with images.pdf

Hey @ajd123! Sorry to hear about your setup issues. A couple of things to check:

• Is the Apple Home app setup and configured properly? Any issues controlling devices in that app? Are you able to see the AppleTV in the home app? 
  • Are you using the same AppleID on your phone and on the AppleTV?
  • Is your phone and your AppleTV on the same network?
  • Is your AppleTV connected via ethernet with a static IP address?

Also, can you provide some more details around your issue. At what step are you getting the error message? Is the pop up appearing to add the bridge to Apple Home? Is it before or after that? Be as specific as possible.

Thanks!

50 minutes ago, jimbones said:
  • Is the Apple Home app setup and configured properly? Any issues controlling devices in that app? Are you able to see the AppleTV in the home app? 

I believe the Apple Home is setup and configured correctly.  The only device that shows up in the app is my Apple TV in the master bedroom (see attached pics). 

Not sure if this matters, but the only thing I can do from the Apple Home app is start and stop music on the Apple TV.  There is no virtual controller for the Apple TV (is supposed to be)?

51 minutes ago, jimbones said:
  • Are you using the same AppleID on your phone and on the AppleTV?

YES

54 minutes ago, jimbones said:
  • Is your phone and your AppleTV on the same network?

YES

54 minutes ago, jimbones said:
  • Is your AppleTV connected via ethernet with a static IP address?

Ethernet.  It is DHCP but has not changed.  Should I reserve the address in my router?

IMG_2929.PNG

IMG_2931.JPG

IMG_2932.PNG

@ajd123 I had some issues a few years back as my Control4 login email was different than my AppleID email used in Homekit. I thought Control4 fixed that though. But could you check that?

And yes, I'd reserve the IP address for your AppleTV in your router's firmware.

4 hours ago, jimbones said:

@ajd123 I had some issues a few years back as my Control4 login email was different than my AppleID email used in Homekit. I thought Control4 fixed that though. But could you check that?

Hey Jimbones.  Email for Apple ID and Control4 are the same...

12 hours ago, jimbones said:

@jimbones Does the Apple Bridge driver need to be placed in the same room as the Apple TV in the composer tree?

16 hours ago, jimbones said:

My C4 login is different than Apple and everything working is working fine sine I moved to EA5 on 3.3.3!

On 5/9/2023 at 2:50 PM, ajd123 said:

I have followed all directions in the Apple Bridge Driver article (attached).

Have tried factory resetting the AppleTV twice.

Have tried rebooting the EA5.

I cannot get the Control4 iOS app to complete the Apple TV integration.  I keep getting the "Unable to complete Apple TV integration" error (attached)>

It is driving me crazy, does anyone have any suggestions?

IMG_2922.PNG

Apple Bridge Driver with images.pdf 805.32 kB · 2 downloads

One last thing, did u removed C4 app and installed again?

11 minutes ago, Amr said:

U need to try that last thing, find a dealer to do, remove controller and re-add again!

I'm not shelling out cash (physical trip to house is not cheap) for my integrator to visit the house to perform a task that may or may not fix the problem.

I am not sure why Control4 does not allow for a system to be registered remotely OR make that option available in Composer HE.

1 hour ago, ajd123 said:

I'm not shelling out cash (physical trip to house is not cheap) for my integrator to visit the house to perform a task that may or may not fix the problem.

I am not sure why Control4 does not allow for a system to be registered remotely OR make that option available in Composer HE.

So am not sure I understand this, as long as there is a dealer with ComposerPro he can remotely log in to your system and do this job, this doesn’t have to be on-site!

Also try opening a case with C4, this might not get u any where but at least try it they might log in to ur controller and may, just may be able to provide u with a fix!

28 minutes ago, Amr said:

So am not sure I understand this, as long as there is a dealer with ComposerPro he can remotely log in to your system and do this job, this doesn’t have to be on-site!

Also try opening a case with C4, this might not get u any where but at least try it they might log in to ur controller and may, just may be able to provide u with a fix!

You can't do this remotely because you can't connect to a controller that isn't registered to the cloud. The cloud is what brokers the composer connection

12 hours ago, ajd123 said:

Actually, a system CAN be registered remotely, manually, if you are working with your registered dealer (which you can also change).  It is all managed at customer.control4.com under "My Account - My System" and "My Account - Smart Home Pro".  A dealer using Composer pro can register a system using the code that an unregistered controller will display under "My System", and then, if you allow, remotely connect to your system to help.  I've had MANY issues with the Certified Apple TV HomeBridge Driver, but after a couple years with it, I learned that the MAIN issue is that at least ONE AppleTV needs to be hardwired.  With the Halo Remote, I've been revisiting the setup a lot (but on other installs, I still prefer Jesse Smiths IR driver for Gen3+ AppleTV, as it has all the extra buttons and press-n-hold options missing from the C4 IR driver).  Basically, to make the Home bridge driver work, you need an iphone or ipad with the latest iOS, all appletvs updated as well.  Use that device to login to all the appletvs with bluetooth (if you have problems with existing appletv, log out the primary user and log back in with "using my device" option.  THEN setup homekit in the C4 app.  Disable and re-enable appletv control if you've previously tried and had problems.  After this is done, select each appletv in composer, and it has been working reliably, with voice control even, on the 20-30 halo remotes I have installed so far.  Haven't had a callback, yet (knocks on wood).

On 5/14/2023 at 1:38 AM, MikeIn312 said:

A dealer using Composer pro can register a system using the code that an unregistered controller will display under "My System",

And how is said remote dealer going to be connected to the system to register it?

Now, you USED to be able to register a system using the OSD or a native touchscreen, though I've no clue if that is still the case.

Actually I like to use Tailscale, it allows my to use RDP to connect to remote NUC’s, it’s a must now to have a NUC installed in rack for multiple use cases specially if you don’t have NAS!

Other steps I have tried which do not work: 

1) In customer.control4.com I have tried deleting my device (iOS) and readding it (by logging into the C4 iOS app).

2) I know my phone is connected to the AppleTV because I can use the AppleTV remote to control the device.  I can also mirror my iPhone to the AppleTV.

In customer.control4.com under "My Profile" there is a permission that allows me (the user) to "register and unregister a Control4 system".  I know the system can be deregistered via the customer.control4.com portal, but how would I be able to register the controller afterwards?  This is the only step I have not tried yet.

Permissions.jpg

Reading this thread again, it seems to me that the reason you are not succeeding is because you are not involving your dealer.  The reality is that Control4 is a dealer based system and successfully adding hardware does require a dealer’s intervention.  I have no doubt that a dealer (physical or remote) will be able to get this sorted out pretty quickly,

47 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Reading this thread again, it seems to me that the reason you are not succeeding is because you are not involving your dealer.  The reality is that Control4 is a dealer based system and successfully adding hardware does require a dealer’s intervention.  I have no doubt that a dealer (physical or remote) will be able to get this sorted out pretty quickly,

Well, my understanding a dealer was involved, am not sure yet about this registration thing, was piece of cake before and I don’t think he is getting a straight answer!