C4 Forums | Control4

New Security Panel Recommendation

timmypop

On 7/15/2023 at 7:42 PM, C4 User said:

I did buy the IQ Pro and I’m in the process of replacing my old panel now. Stay tuned. 

How did it go? I returned from another trip away and my Concord4 was on the fritz again. I think it is time to upgrade. 

5 hours ago, timmypop said:

How did it go? I returned from another trip away and my Concord4 was on the fritz again. I think it is time to upgrade. 

Not done yet. This is a DIY project and I travel a lot. I do have the hardware and can’t wait to get it installed. Could be 3 or 4 more weeks.

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2023 at 9:42 PM, C4 User said:

I did buy the IQ Pro and I’m in the process of replacing my old panel now. Stay tuned. 

I was finally able to complete the install of my Qolsys IQ4 Pro panel. Replacing the panel and all the wiring was tedious but not too difficult. Programming was easy but somewhat limited and not as easy to work with as the DLS5 desktop software the DSC Neo panel uses.

Control4 integration uses the same IQ2 panel driver and was VERY EASY.

I wanted a panel that allows easy integration to C4 and simultaneous 3rd party monitoring. This offers it.

• 1 month later...

I discussed my install with AlarmGrid techs and they said go with the IQ Pro. After install and attempted configuration I don't see any 3rd Party Integration in the IQ Pro. I think the comments above are confusing on IQ4 Pro. I am not sure that exists. 

If someone has success in integration with the actual IQ Pro, please let me know. 

46 minutes ago, timmypop said:

I discussed my install with AlarmGrid techs and they said go with the IQ Pro. After install and attempted configuration I don't see any 3rd Party Integration in the IQ Pro. I think the comments above are confusing on IQ4 Pro. I am not sure that exists. 

If someone has success in integration with the actual IQ Pro, please let me know. 

I have the IQ Pro integrated with C4. Works great! Uses same driver. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 5:35 PM, timmypop said:

Where you able to enable control 4 with your IQ Pro? I'm also looking to move to the Pro instead of the IQ 4 panel via AlarmGrid but want to make sure the IQ Pro does enable C4!

1 hour ago, BigMac said:

Where you able to enable control 4 with your IQ Pro? I'm also looking to move to the Pro instead of the IQ 4 panel via AlarmGrid but want to make sure the IQ Pro does enable C4!

I was not. Not yet. I did not order a Qolsys touch panel with the Pro in hopes to use C4 TP and mobile. I believe accessing the settings for 3rd party integration can only be done through the Qolsys TP. I do not see any similar options in the Pro Installer mobile app. 

AlarmGrid support told me today "I have an update direct from Johnson Controls (the parent company of Qolsys) and they state the integration is not YET supported for Control 4 and that the expected release is FW Version 4.3.0 which is to be released January 2024."

Based on others in the chat above it seems it does work. I'm going to order a Qolsys TP in hopes I can find the 3rd party integration settings. 

If anyone else can confirm with screen captures or show me the settings in the IQ Installer GA please let me know. 

11 hours ago, bigdaddyo811 said:

I’m confused. I have the panel and under WiFi I don’t see control4. How are people installing it?

Are you or your dealer following the instructions in the driver for integrating the panel the C4?  I only ask because it was very straight forward to complete this integration. No hassle whatsoever.  I do not have screen shots of the install process and I do not plan to reinstall since it’s working. But i can guarantee the IQ Pro integrates with C4. And as i said above, I do have the IQ TP and may have had to use it in setting up the integration, I just do not recall exactly.

I'm pretty sure you need an IQ TP. After experiencing that with an unsuccessful install with C4 TP only I didn't see the need for the Pro when you can get a IQ4 for cheaper. Add a wired to wireless board if needed and still cheaper. Mine is en route and I will post my install findings. 

1 hour ago, timmypop said:

I'm pretty sure you need an IQ TP. After experiencing that with an unsuccessful install with C4 TP only I didn't see the need for the Pro when you can get a IQ4 for cheaper. Add a wired to wireless board if needed and still cheaper. Mine is en route and I will post my install findings. 

I have over 80 zones with about 60 of them wired. Plus the Pro includes PowerG and dual-path communications, making the Pro a more cost effective solution for me. But I agree, look at your use case and chose the right product for you.

I just installed an IQ Pro and there was nothing in the IQ Installer mobile application that exposes anything that looks like Control 4.

I also installed an IQ Remote Power G touch panel to go with it - nothing there either. The settings on the touch panel are pretty rudimentary (display brightness, run a connectivity test, software update, an about screen) - nothing advanced enough to expose C4.

Latest software for the TP and 4.2.3n (latest) for the IQ Pro.

The mystery continues on how it showed up for some folks like C4 User but not others!

12 hours ago, BigMac said:

I just installed an IQ Pro and there was nothing in the IQ Installer mobile application that exposes anything that looks like Control 4.

I also installed an IQ Remote Power G touch panel to go with it - nothing there either. The settings on the touch panel are pretty rudimentary (display brightness, run a connectivity test, software update, an about screen) - nothing advanced enough to expose C4.

Latest software for the TP and 4.2.3n (latest) for the IQ Pro.

The mystery continues on how it showed up for some folks like C4 User but not others!

Are you sure you are logging into settings using the installer code? Settings - Advanced Settings - Installation - Devices - WiFi Devices - 3rd Party Connections? Once you enable, the system will reboot. You then go back to 3rd Party Connections to generate a token that you will need to enter into Control 4. Be ready, because the token must be entered within a time limit. Bottom line, if you follow the driver instructions carefully, it’s a straight forward setup and works flawlessly from my experience. There is nothing in IQ Pro that says Control 4, it only generates a 3rd Party Connection token. 

53 minutes ago, madler11 said:

Has anyone successfully used the IQ Panel 4 with more than one partition? Just looking to confirm that someone has this working before moving forward. Thanks!

It works. I have an iq4 in control4 with 2 partitions.  The panel itself supports 4 partitions, but the documentation says only 2 are recommended if you bring it into c4.

One thing to note about partitions on the iq2 and iq4 - no common zones.

• 5 weeks later...