C4 Forums | Control4

New Security Panel Recommendation

timmypop

22 minutes ago, Jason Johnson said:

This is great Cyknight.

Now that i've setup a system, any way to add a dealer code back in ? I only see master, guest & user as the options, my installer code and dealer code options are no longer listed. 

Dealer and installer codes are not visible under  user management even under master: you need to HAVE the installer code to be able to edit the installer code OR have the dealer code, which can manage the installer code as well (and is the only one that manages the dealer code

3 hours ago, Jason Johnson said:

This is great Cyknight.

Now that i've setup a system, any way to add a dealer code back in ? I only see master, guest & user as the options, my installer code and dealer code options are no longer listed. 

If you installed the system yourself, unless you changed them, the Dealer and Installer codes should be the default codes. I don’t recall where I found them when I installed my system, but you should be able to find the default codes in the installation manual, or online searching for them, or from one of the dealers on this forum that install this panel. Once you have the default codes, you should be able to log in and change them.

Thank you, I turned on 6 digit codes, things went sideways. 

Installer code, I am pretty sure is 1111 and the dealer code is 2222.

It's really great to know I should be favoring the IQ Side of the programming for tips. 

Thank you, I'm going to keep working at this. DSC Support/Rep & My Rep's SE keep saying that it all doesn't work and DSC should be fixing in Jan after they promised me C4 integration would work... now I am very frustrated and hate to disappoint a client on a promised solution. 

19 minutes ago, Jason Johnson said:

Thank you, I turned on 6 digit codes, things went sideways. 

Installer code, I am pretty sure is 1111 and the dealer code is 2222.

It's really great to know I should be favoring the IQ Side of the programming for tips. 

Thank you, I'm going to keep working at this. DSC Support/Rep & My Rep's SE keep saying that it all doesn't work and DSC should be fixing in Jan after they promised me C4 integration would work... now I am very frustrated and hate to disappoint a client on a promised solution. 

If you turned on 6 digit codes (and didn't change the default codes), it's just 111100 for installer and 222200 for dealer. Any of your 4 digit codes now are 00 at the end until you change them. 

Thank you!! I got it working…but it disables its self after 15 min, even though I have it in control4 and bound to sensors, debug log scrolling by showing events, sensors working correctly and then… logged back in to the panel and it’s disabled.

Anyone have the same thing happen ? 

39 minutes ago, Jason Johnson said:

Thank you!! I got it working…but it disables its self after 15 min, even though I have it in control4 and bound to sensors, debug log scrolling by showing events, sensors working correctly and then… logged back in to the panel and it’s disabled.

Anyone have the same thing happen ? 

15 minutes sounds like the access token is expiring. Have you confirmed the token displayed on the panel (it's in the wifi devices section) matches the token in the c4 driver?

Just now, Jason Johnson said:

I have but if the IP was changing or the token was not being used, wouldn't it not work in control4 ?

I work perfectly for the 15 min then it stops. 

I will check software version for sure. 

I'm on IQ Pro-4.2.1n, I added added via a SSDP, Customer running 3.3.1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

We've done Clare: IQ panels are easier to do and integrate so easily....

Is there a specific IQ panel to buy to get the system started to add some basic door sensors?  Also, any recommendation on where to buy?

54 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

We've done Clare: IQ panels are easier to do and integrate so easily....

It seems weird that the company (SNAPAV)  C4 is under would integrate better.... I know my dealer said they use Clare is it takes 5 minutes to set up?

1 minute ago, drmark12pa said:

It seems weird that the company (SNAPAV)  C4 is under would integrate better.... I know my dealer said they use Clare is it takes 5 minutes to set up?

I didn't say integration was easier or better, I mean setting up the actual panel (which means less time, which means less cost to client).

That not saying anything against Clare: Qolsys' ease of setup is just that well done.

Adding qolsys prob takes 6 minutes, 4 of which are the reboots required to turn on 6 digit user codes and 3rd party integration.

1 minute ago, drmark12pa said:

One last question, what is the price comparison between the basic hardware to start a system between Clare or IQ?

I honestly don't know for sure, but I suspect a Qolsys IQ4 panel to be 10-20% cheaper than a ClareOne, and qolsys has a wide (near infinity) wireless security device compatibility built in.

ClareOne is more capable as a STANDALONE unit mind you: but most of that added functionality is completely lost within a Control4 environment.

6 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

I honestly don't know for sure, but I suspect a Qolsys IQ4 panel to be 10-20% cheaper than a ClareOne, and qolsys has a wide (near infinity) wireless security device compatibility built in.

ClareOne is more capable as a STANDALONE unit mind you: but most of that added functionality is completely lost within a Control4 environment.

That's one thing I was wondering about was utilizing some of my old GE sensors from my Concord4 system and if those would still be usable with either Qolsys or Clare.

15 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

Is there a specific IQ panel to buy to get the system started to add some basic door sensors?  Also, any recommendation on where to buy?

I'd go with IQ4: choose DSC old style, GE/Qolsys, Honeywell version as you like/need: PowerG is always built in. It's that ability, and having it built in, that makes the IQ panels a first choice in takeover/replacement case.

IQHub is PowerG only.

IQPro is great, but only logical if you have a large/commercial setup.

As to where to buy: well we get them from whole sale suppliers/distributor: large distributors such as Anixter and ADI (global) will carry them if you have an in, but both are fairly readily available in online sales from amazon to alarm DIY specialty stores such as alarmgrid and others.

11 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

That's one thing I was wondering about was utilizing some of my old GE sensors from my Concord4 system and if those would still be usable with either Qolsys or Clare.

For sure with the Qolsys, provided you get the one with the right frequency daughter card (319 for GE and Qolsys' own brand)

Clare I believe has a take-over module for them, but it's a separate item

12 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

For sure with the Qolsys, provided you get the one with the right frequency daughter card (319 for GE and Qolsys' own brand)

Clare I believe has a take-over module for them, but it's a separate item

https://www.alarmgrid.com/products/qolsys-iq-panel-4-verizon-powerg-319mhz

Looks like this might be the correct one to purchase if I'm planning on using some of my previous sensors.

Is there anything other than this panel needed for the core working of the system?  I'm used to the GE Concord with the big metal box and the keypads just connected to it.

My initial preference was Clare simply because of the SnapAv brand and ease of C4 integration.  However, Clare has no ability to accommodate hardwired legacy zones and remain UL compliant (4 wire smokes with sounders).  I think SnapAv is making a mistake by not offering a UL approved method of integrating legacy wired zones.  In any event the IQ Pro looks to be a solid, commercial-grade offering with the promise of connectivity.

4 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

https://www.alarmgrid.com/products/qolsys-iq-panel-4-verizon-powerg-319mhz

Looks like this might be the correct one to purchase if I'm planning on using some of my previous sensors.

Is there anything other than this panel needed for the core working of the system?  I'm used to the GE Concord with the big metal box and the keypads just connected to it.

yup assuming verizon has coverage (and you care for back up for monitoring)

Qolsys panels are pure wireless panels (as is the clareone), so if you're looking to use existing wired sensors you'll want a hardwire translator. https://www.alarmgrid.com/products/dsc-pg9wlshw8

you can add expander modules if needed for more zones.

If you want to mount the panel where your current keypad is, you can use the existing wire to send power up. If you have more than one keypad location now and want to keep it, you can use powerg units from DSC or the fancier IQremote panels.

If mu