C4 Forums | Control4

Scammer Alert

ChrisKay

Hey everyone. Posting this thread, just to make everybody aware of a scammer on the website. I posted a want to buy thread a couple days ago, wanting a couple of modules for Yale locks, and I had someone message me saying they had a few for sale. I looked into their profile and the side they had a few posts so I trusted the seller. I gave them my phone number so they can text me which they did. After paying seller, communication stopped. Will not answer me at all anymore. Just wanna make everybody aware of this. I lost my money but I don’t want you to lose yours. Good luck. 

IMG_1796.jpeg

@Wrio

You going to make this right?

18 hours ago, ChrisKay said:

Hey everyone. Posting this thread, just to make everybody aware of a scammer on the website. I posted a want to buy thread a couple days ago, wanting a couple of modules for Yale locks, and I had someone message me saying they had a few for sale. I looked into their profile and the side they had a few posts so I trusted the seller. I gave them my phone number so they can text me which they did. After paying seller, communication stopped. Will not answer me at all anymore. Just wanna make everybody aware of this. I lost my money but I don’t want you to lose yours. Good luck. 

IMG_1796.jpeg

On 9/9/2023 at 1:39 PM, neil12011 said:

I talked to Chris about it, apparently @Wrio asked him to do the friends and family thing (no fee, but no protection), and then completely ghosted him after. 

PLEASE NEVER USE this feature with anyone you do not personally know. If they don't want to pay the fee then the buyer needs to up the amount paid or the seller has to take the hit.  @ChrisKay great of you to try and help them out, especially in a situation where many people are losing money on the sale. please do not give up your protections with online payments.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.