C4 Forums | Control4

Music plays, then blanks out, then plays - Control 4 dealer says its the internet, the internet says its Conrol 4. Help!

What does your network look like?

What are the devices that make up the network?

Does this only happen with native C4 music or when playing from your phone to C4?

I'm a big believer in going to the basics....strip down the network and see if you can isolate the problem.

1 hour ago, ekohn00 said:

What does your network look like?

What are the devices that make up the network?

Does this only happen with native C4 music or when playing from your phone to C4?

I'm a big believer in going to the basics....strip down the network and see if you can isolate the problem.

Arankis router and switches, Arankis WAP's. Almost everything is hard-wired, including the TV in question. Dependable Spectrum Internet, 200 down/20 up. I play 4k/HDR streaming content in both Family Room TV, as well as a reasonably high-end Home Theater, sometimes simultaneously, without any issues.

I just tried Amazon Music through Control in the same way as SiriusXM - played okay for a few minutes, then some dropouts, lasting several seconds.

I'm now casting from my phone directly to the same TV/AV gear in my theater, with no dropouts at all after 10 minutes or so, long enough that I would have gotten them if going through Control4.

So it seems that any music going through Control4 has issues - Amazon Music, SiriusXM, etc.

It's not a huge deal, as we don't do this much, and have ways to work around it. But when I saw this thread, it caught my eye since I was seeing the same/similar problem, and hoped I might learn something to fix it.

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

@Don Cohen you work for a dealer per previous comments, call support.  Work with them.  Community support is not going to be better then what C4 support directly provides…

That is true, but I'm working with this company, in a non-Control4 area (video processors are my thing), because I enjoy this field, and found a way to do this part-time from home, following retirement from my primary career. So I'm reluctant to utilize company resources for a personal issue, especially one that is relatively minor like this. That's why I tend to turn first to a community resource like this, depending on the nature of the issue.

I posted here because my wife had coincidentally first encountered this problem for the first time an hour or two before I saw this thread, so thought I'd check in and see what I can learn.

19 minutes ago, Don Cohen said:

That is true, but I'm working with this company, in a non-Control4 area (video processors are my thing), because I enjoy this field, and found a way to do this part-time from home, following retirement from my primary career. So I'm reluctant to utilize company resources for a personal issue, especially one that is relatively minor like this. That's why I tend to turn first to a community resource like this, depending on the nature of the issue.

I posted here because my wife had coincidentally first encountered this problem for the first time an hour or two before I saw this thread, so thought I'd check in and see what I can learn.

You are a customer of the company no?  You got all your gear from them…

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

You are a customer of the company no?  You got all your gear from them…

All true, and yes I have used formal support channels with more serious problems. But as I indicated, my personal preference is to avoid using company resources if possible. This is such a minor issue that it may not be worth anybody's time to fully track it down. I thought that if this was a known issue, with a simple fix, something that I had misconfigured, then I could quickly resolve it. If you would rather I didn't post here on topics like this because of this, just let me know.

Yeah I know of no known bugs, and the instances reported here are the oly ones I've heard of. Something specific to the setup(s) is causing/exposing this: That doesn't mean it ISNT a C4 issue as such, but it does tend to lend itse;f more to some sort of mismatch in network settings. In the end C4 engineers are the only ones that can truly pinpoint the issue IF it's C4 related: they'll need logs and/or access via a dealer.

On 11/20/2023 at 3:57 PM, TFlury said:

Everyone looking at this from a network issue. Do you listen to music at low volume and do you know if your amps are on auto sense or 12v trigger? I have this issue in my bedroom cause I don't have the time to switch the amp to trigger mode..

Fair: we are assuming only the streaming service mentioned time out, not for example sound from TVs etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.