C4 Forums | Control4

Axxess contact sensors?

Anyone using Axxess wireless contact sensors. I have windows I want to monitor and the C4 sensors are big and noticeable.  … these Axxess look better and indicates  they have a driver. Anyone use?  Or know of other C4 smaller window/door type sensor?  

I have both and agree with @Cyknight Axxess has some added features. 

Nyce well like @RAV said :) they nice  - what I prefer between the two:

1. If it is going to be visible - Nyce (they small, battery life is ok and they look great)
  2. If its not going to be visible and I need those additional features - Axxess as they more robust IMO.

Examples -  

Door / windows - Use Nyce (they also have a very cool garage door sensor that uses the tilt of the garage door to sense if its open which I use)

Front electric gate (open close) - Axxess

More rugged construction. Many aren't actually IP rated (cost money, Axxess is a small company) but I've had a motion outside under soffit for over a decade (somewhat covered, still exposed to weather, and it can reach -40 here in extremes....and no it doesn't matter what scale you use).

As an example that motion reads...well motion obviously, as well as temperature and humidity (though to be fair, so does the Nyce ceiling motion.

Overall Axxess items are just a bit more, dunno, durable feeling? Both companies have their own unique offerings as well (Nyce had a door hinge sensor, Axxess a simple doorbell to integrate, touch keypads and lamp adapters).

Note the garage tilt for nyce is discontinued - as is their mini keyfob control.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:25 AM, RAV said:

Nyce are nice.
About 1" square and 1/2" thick.
Easy battery change and long life.

Axxess for the cool drill hole in top of door drop in ability and includes temperature.

Which Axxess units have the drill hole drop in you're referencing? Do you have a link?

Thanks!