C4 Forums | Control4

Netgear NeoTV 550 IP Control

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. When the wife tried to fast forward a DVD on a NAS it had some problems. 1X worked okay....anything over that caused a problem. I backup with DVDFab to a vob file( Not BR). I had not noticed a problem with windows player on a networked pc. Even still, I like the integration...I can live with it.

Updated Beta Firmware highlights

Release Notes 2011.02.25 -- v3.0.308

* Media playback and compatibility

o Fixed TS streams (recorded TV) not detected or playing

o Fixed TrueHD stuttering and audio dropouts in MKV

o Fixed TrueHD negotiation over HDMI intermittently causing no audio

o Fixed HD audio downsampling not downsampling from all channels

o Added .DTS and .MLP audio types

o Fixed audio stutter or dropouts due to media scanning in background

o Fixed Dolby Digital Plus detection

o Partially fixed 1080p24 microstutter every 42 seconds (fix is for BD media

only)

o Fixed H.264 profile 4.2 MOV files not playing

* DVD bug fixes

o Fixed DVD subtitle palette not getting set in some cases

* USB support

o Fixed intermittent crash on startup when USB, eSATA or SD card is plugged in

* GUI

o Added GUI font setting: Latin, Cyrillic and Universal fonts

* Miscellaneous

o Added support for TCP remote control

o Added discrete power on/off codes

* Bug fixes

o Fixed slow YouTube connection

o Fixed intermittent crash decoding JPEG

o Fixed Web interface UTF8 conversion

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=59613

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone heard if the driver for this has been updated to allow Blu-ray ISO support through the C4 GUI? I'm upgrading my NAS and would like to switch to BR ISO backups instead of the m2ts files.

On another note, I just completed the "Movie Wall" for the NEO using MCM. This puts the C4 move wall to shame but it requires the use of the "info" button on the NEO's remote. Is it possible to add the use of the info button to the C4 driver as well?

TGIF!

JFR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi All

I wrote a driver, its on the C4 Official forums. Should work with Blu-Ray and everything. Havent got the power on from a complete off state but the rest works.

Interesting, thanks. I'll update my firmware, grab your driver, and give it a go.

Craig, with your driver, do the numeric keys on the 250 remote work on the NTV550? For Example, when setting the zip code, can you use the C4 Remote?

The NTV550 supports parental controls by entering a pin number. Would love to be able to use this for my kids, but the current C4 driver doesn't support this.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

All - The Soho Shop just installed the new driver for me and it works perfectly for blu ray playback. However, I still haven't found the "popup menu" button to call up the album art as mentioned above. This really limits the usefulness of the unit with C4. Am I missing it or is it possible to add this button to the C4 driver as well?

Thanks,

Adam

That command should be defined in the driver as "Pop_Up_Menu" that command would need to be assigned to a button in composer.

Also the driver can be updated so the numeric keys work by editing the following key codes:

NUMBER_0 = "30",

NUMBER_1 = "31",

NUMBER_2 = "32",

NUMBER_3 = "33",

NUMBER_4 = "34",

NUMBER_5 = "35",

NUMBER_6 = "36",

NUMBER_7 = "37",

NUMBER_8 = "38",

NUMBER_9 = "39",

• 3 months later...

So I have an EVA9150 and a NeoTV 550 and am having a lot of problems with the 550. About once a month I have to completely reset the 9150 because it loses IP control. I'm ok with resetting that once a month, however the 550 doesn't last a day without locking up during a movie playback if it will even start playing the movie. Does anyone else have this problem? If not, does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

I'm running a 24 port unmanaged Cisco Gigabit switch over Cat 6. I'm just trying to stream ripped DVD's since I have a 400 Disc BR player that I use for BluRays (takes forever to rip them). I'm not sure what the transfer data rate is for my network but the EVA9150 is working like a champ.

I'm not super tech savy, so if you need more details than what I provided, you'll probably have to tell me how to find the answers.

Just wondering if you were streaming HD media, as the chipset is the same between the two so far as I know and it struggles past 40mbit bit rates on files. For example, Star Trek HD MKV would play, but would stutter, then drop audio.

*edit to add* There was a thought at one time that the 9150 used it's hard drive to buffer the video, but I can't remember if that was true.

I just verified my Firmware version is 3.2.16 and no updates are available. I looked at all my settings and nothing obvious jumps out at me as being incorrect. I have an assigned static IP address which works once I reboot it, but daily is getting ridiculous.

Also in the process of verifying settings, it said my transfer data rate was 85mbs which I had been asked previously.

Any other things I should look at?

Archived