C4 Forums | Control4

SR250: from working to DEAD

Letran

I know this is an old thread.  I have 8 remotes and only 1 of them is currently working.  They have all died.  I am pretty frustrated.  Is there anyone out there that fixes these things?  I would hate to have to buy 7 new remotes.  BTW it is the SR250.

15 minutes ago, Viperman said:

I know this is an old thread.  I have 8 remotes and only 1 of them is currently working.  They have all died.  I am pretty frustrated.  Is there anyone out there that fixes these things?  I would hate to have to buy 7 new remotes.  BTW it is the SR250.

can you be more specific about what is dead about them/

1 hour ago, Viperman said:

if you are able to determine that they only have dead screens (they work but you have no display) try this thread:

but as msgreenf pointed out a little more information would be useful ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I should have replied sooner if I posted up a question.  Anyway.  I know have (had) 2 working remotes.  Then this one showed low battery and then hit something and boom nothing.  So I changed the batteries and nothing.  I have reset every one of them and 1 came back to life, which is now my only 1 working remote and I have 8 TVs.  I have 1 that only says waiting on network.  The rest do absolutely nothing.  Push buttons nothing.  Some do have backlights on the buttons but nothing on the screen.

Fairly frustrating, and I don't like the answer of just go spend $400 on a new remote - oh wait x 8. 

Is there anyone that I can send these to and they can troubleshoot and fix them if there is a broken screen or fix whatever needs to be fixed.

So played around with them some more.  I reset them all and this is the result.

2 of them now work again.

4 of them are waiting on network but seem fine other than that

1 of them says waiting on network then goes black and then back to waiting on network again, and keeps going on and off.

So I guess for the ones waiting on network I just need to rejoin them to the ZigBee network?

Archived