C4 Forums | Control4

2.5.3 Software Update is LIVE!

mteele

Camera improvements - a new proxy and driverworks camera driver template (old one wasn't driverworks based), h.264 support for cameras (though not on flash nav or on-screen it seems, just for mobile devices), and cameras has been renamed from "ip cameras" to just "cameras". 

There's iOS and android app updates as well, for that h264 support and renaming of the interface.

Corrupt project detection.

WMA support for TuneIn

Misc bug fixes.

Does h.264 mean analogue cameras will be supported?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. H.264 is a digital format. If you have analog cameras, best bet is to connect then to something like a Wirepath DVR, which will give them a compatible IP address/feed.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

What's new in this release?

The Control4® Composer Pro software updates are detailed below. Refer to the Control4 Operating System (OS) Release Version 2.5.3 Release Notes and Read This First Notice for last-minute changes related to the new release.

OS 2.5.3 Hardware and software support

New

·         Enhanced camera support (MJPEG, H.264, device control)

·         Improved WMA audio support

·         Square Wired Keypad (C4-SKCB-xx)

·         Project corruption tool that scans projects for bad drivers and invalid internal connections

End-of-life products

·         Media Player (C4-MP2-E)

·         Wireless Fireplace Switch, 120VAC (C4-FS1-Z-N)

·         Multi-Tuner V2 (C4-TUN2-E-B)

·         XM Module for Multi-Tuner V2 (C4-XMOD)

·         Dock for iPod (C4-IPDKTT1-E-B)

Does 'End of Life Product' mean that it will no longer be produced, supported or be able to be used on systems running 2.5.3?  Just trying to understand C4's terminology. (i.e if you have the Multi-Tuner V2 (C4-TUN2-E-) will it still work under 2.5.3?

Eol means first and foremost no more are sold. Second do not exp ct new features to be made available, and unless there are major bugs in a release that are still supporting the devices (and not in a legacy mode) don't expect fixes. Beyond that the devices will still work unless otherwise stated - and it will be stated.

I would take it as a possible indication of a potential future full drop, and at least think twice on buying them after EoL announcement.

At this point however those device continue to function in 2.5.3

Which dvr is best fit for control 4 to get cctv cameras fully integrated ? Wirepath was mentioned above but want to male sure i make the best choice now that 2.5.3 has more compatibility

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.5.3 doesn't affect DVR/NVR. Just adds more support for IP cameras.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

ANY camera that's analogue should work with any Wirepath or Lillin DVR (both offer the same functionality of pushing cams to the system.

I'm not sure the control drivers will work for systems before 2.2 (big driverwork changes that may be in use), but the camera drivers associated with either one should work just fine as that template hasn't changed since waaaay back.

So if control over the DVR (in other words select the DVR video output and control it's menus etc) isn't essential you should be good to go.

So that it can be said - it takes a long time to update your switches with this version - I started this Monday afternoon - It is almost halfway done updating all my switches - yes I have a lot of switches - but it is going to take TWO DAYS to get my entire house updated to this version at the current rate. I think that i remember the release notes saying it would take ten minutes per switch - I would say more like twice that or longer.

Bill

After this update, all my switches are on 03.22.41 firmware version, except all the LDZ-102 wireless dimmers. They all stay on 03.19.49 firmware version.

There no problem on the the zigbee network tool : online status for all switches and signal is good. Is it normal ?

My controller is a HC-800

Now that the release has been out for a little while, are there any bugs people have encountered? Looks like long update times for lighting firmware. Wondering what other issues people have had.

After this update, all my switches are on 03.22.41 firmware version, except all the LDZ-102 wireless dimmers. They all stay on 03.19.49 firmware version.

There no problem on the the zigbee network tool : online status for all switches and signal is good. Is it normal ?

My controller is a HC-800

There's many different ffirmware versions for  numerous devices ------- they wouldn't be matching at aall across the board. 03.19.49 for instance is accurate for ELV dimmers and some 2/3/6 buttons, while older switches would be on 03.20.14, newer models 03.22.41.

That said LDZ series dimmers should have been on 03.20.14 since 2.5.1 However those units tend to take forever to update, fail and retry - it can take days before all is said and done.

Now that the release has been out for a little while, are there any bugs people have encountered? Looks like long update times for lighting firmware. Wondering what other issues people have had.

We have couple 

Play not working when trying to play a movie   - On ipads and ipones

We have a web image, that sometimes works and then again does not (Comes up with a camera page !!)

also my dealer says that some CCTV camera images are not that good. 

Looks like the Beta tester were on the ball !!! 

We have couple 

Play not working when trying to play a movie   - On ipads and ipones

We have a web image, that sometimes works and then again does not (Comes up with a camera page !!)

also my dealer says that some CCTV camera images are not that good. 

Looks like the Beta tester were on the ball !!! 

See the other thread on the movie thing, this is regardless of the system software - this is purely the app.

Is this a public web-image location? Mind sharing it (PM if you want) so I can check it out - I have two in my system and haven't seen it but don't check those very often, maybe once or twice a day. This could be an issue with the camera/url. Also, is this on all interfaces?

Not sure what your dealer means by "some cctv cams not so good" - new proxy, old proxy, from one version to the other? CCTV cams require some form of IP converter to show in C4, so which ones? Bit ambiguous.

'Something seems a bit off' isn't much to go on.

Archived