C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 announces Amazon Echo integration

4 hours ago, d1amund said:

The notice and fix was announced Oct 12 at 10AM mountain time, mate. If you're a dealer you should have received this advisement. Furthermore, all AP dimmers/KP were issued advanced RMA if they failed, prior to that date.

And as of Oct 5th no dimmer got updated anymore already. And RMA was provided regardless of age of the device.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

d1amond,

I`m not a dealer and never received anything.

However I did receive emails about the Echo working with C4

so go try to sue them again.  Control4, and NO COMPANY, reports every defect to everyone.  Go after Apple too.  I am sure you can find a bug in iOS 10....

You are getting this so wrong

C4 Advertised that Echo would work on a .co.uk web site.

Sent emails to people in UK saying it was coming and would work. 

They did not say that is was coming late fall etc.

What is wrong with advising them they can not do this in the UK it against the law ?

This is not about a bug in software it is about a company lying in its advert.

UK law is UK law, like US law is US law, however it is different depending on the state sometimes.

Patent law is Texas - Via a jury wow

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

And as of Oct 5th no dimmer got updated anymore already. And RMA was provided regardless of age of the device.

CY found this out on Friday, we are not sure if the 240V Pucks have a issue, I have 1 of 5 which as gone pete tong and my dealer is

trying to sort - He rolled out the patch on Friday

d1amond,

I`m not a dealer and never received anything.

However I did receive emails about the Echo working with C4

Well then your beef is with your dealer, not C4. IMO the situation was handled appropriately and I assure it was not taken lightly.

7 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

This is not about a bug in software it is about a company lying in its advert.

Again - what was the lie? Where did it state it would work upon release of the Echo, where did it state a date it WOULD work at?

That does NOTHING about YOUR comments on 'show me the money' crap you've been putting in this thread.

Based on HOW you're approaching it on here, this is NOT about 'the law' - this is about your OWN betterment.

7 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

CY found this out on Friday, we are not sure if the 240V Pucks have a issue, I have 1 of 5 which as gone pete tong and my dealer is

trying to sort - He rolled out the patch on Friday

Can't say if it's affecting 240v product specifically, but if it's the same issue, it would fall under the same 'rule' I would expect, though again - I cannot claim to know the specifics on how C4 Europe is set up.

2 hours ago, d1amund said:

Well then your beef is with your dealer, not C4. IMO the situation was handled appropriately and I assure it was not taken lightly.

Why is it my dealers issue, if C4 advertise wrong, my dealer does not have a web site saying echo works with C4.

control 4 have a .co.uk web site saying it does. 

5 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Cy the lie is C4 works with Echo in the UK. 

Its advertising is against the law. 

"Show me the money" was tongue in check. But that just British humour

Again, show me the lie where it says C4 works with Echo RIGHT THIS MOMENT. That still doesn't even begin to touch that this is not a sales advertisement to begin with.

And don't give me that it's British humour.

6 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Again, show me the lie where it says C4 works with Echo RIGHT THIS MOMENT. That still doesn't even begin to touch that this is not a sales advertisement to begin with.

And don't give me that it's British humour.

Agree.  You look like an even bigger idiot trying to pretend it was a joke.  Nice try.  Nobody is buying it.  

Why is it my dealers issue, if C4 advertise wrong, my dealer does not have a web site saying echo works with C4.

control 4 have a .co.uk web site saying it does. 

We, you and I, were discussing your statement regarding the AP dimmers, not Alexa.

If you'd like to continue with that, this has been on the US and UK site since announcement as far as I know:

"*Currently, our Control4 Smart Home Skill for Alexa is certified only for the United States. We will also add support for Germany and the UK upon Amazon certification."

http://control4.co.uk/

Voice Control For
Your Entire Smart Home

Amazon Echo & Control4 Deliver
Hands-Free Home Automation

CY - The issue is - it does not say coming

d1amund - The statement.

"*Currently, our Control4 Smart Home Skill for Alexa is certified only for the United States. We will also add support for Germany and the UK upon Amazon certification."

Is now on the site, which is good, but need also to be link to the 1st page - Looks like they are leaning and listening

"Show me the money"  This is the UK how much do you think I`m talking about ?

Its small claims - look at PERVIOUS posts

You should be advising C4 so they do not make these mistakes again.

Can not believe you think this advertising is/was OK?

57 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

CY - The issue is - it does not say coming

Gary - the issue is, it is an announcement, of a free function with no mention of it being available now.

And continuous back-tracking on your comments don't make a difference. I don't care if it's for 1 Pound Sterling. It's the attitude you display in the matter - the same 'principal' that you are using as a cover for this whole ridiculous matter.

CY - My attitude has nothing to do with it.

The advertising was wrong the web site is still wrong, however I happy with the statement on page 2.

Its about advert and sorry to say the UK has rules and when the Advertising Standards Authority  (UK’s independent regulator of advertising across all media).

Thinks it needs looking further, I could be wright I could be wrong.

I believe I`m wright, I come across has having attitude so be it.

Gary - the issue is, it is an announcement, of a free function with no mention of it being available now.

And continuous back-tracking on your comments don't make a difference. I don't care if it's for 1 Pound Sterling. It's the attitude you display in the matter - the same 'principal' that you are using as a cover for this whole ridiculous matter.

UK ad standards. Even if free must be ad properly. He's right. It's petty. He's still right.

1 hour ago, SMHarman said:

UK ad standards. Even if free must be ad properly. He's right. It's petty. He's still right.

Starving kid steal an apple from a fruit stand. Punishment by law for stealing is to cut off a hand. You'd be following the law to bring this kid to the police and watch him have his hand cut off.

'Right'?

Seems like an extreme example? What exactly is C4's 'crime' against the UK standards here? They aren't selling anything. Make no direct monetary advancement on it. Yet, following the lettering of the law, they may (or may not - I'd still be surprised if they get more than a warning - even if it gets that far) have been in error.

Following 'law' by the very letter, not it's intend. Very 'American' of our dear Brit.

My 'grief' is more with the whole attitude behind it - not with the exact right or wrong to the letter.

And no. It can't be written off as 'British humour'.

Agreed. If you guys want to start a separate thread on the UK advertising laws and control4, have at it.

One thing I would remind everyone of is that control4's echo integration is not "free". It requires that every one of their customers pay them $100 per year...so they absolutely stand to make significant money off of the deal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

One thing I would remind everyone of is that control4's echo integration is not "free". It requires that every one of their customers pay them $100 per year...so they absolutely stand to make significant money off of the deal.

That is a fair perspective, but if you already have 4sight, there is no additional cost.  If you aren't leveraging 4sight, then considering a 1 time driver cost vs the annual 4sight fee (which has more features then just Echo) is a decision to be made.

Archived