C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE

pwade

In 2 minutes? Oh man, I've been at it for 4 hours.  Still does not work right.   I'm going to read through everything I can and learn what I can and if I still can't make the pairing I will have my dealer show me how he does it.  I must be missing some step.  It should be just a simple pairing step.  But its not!  Everything works but the controls (or some of them).  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

Do a clean install of the driver then. That's what I would do, but notice I edited the word bound above to pair. If you do a new driver instal you will need to bind the driver in connections (ie know how to do that which can become tricky if you don't know what you are doing) and you pair the driver to the Apple TV.. 

Not sure I know how to do this.  Which driver did you use?  I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong driver.

I can't help you anymore man 

The abuse, put downs (made to appear stupid) and one could argue downright bullying a member of this forum can get around here for asking questions, or even trying to get the facts about a simple thing such as as "how to upgrade to the new AppleTV" has to be seen to be believed.

Many of you would have witnessed this in previous replies to posts I have made in other threads.

It's just not worth it. 

Yep sure seems not much has changed around here.

Oh well.

I'll let the facts speak for themselves.

Cheers and good day and happy holidays to you all and go Control4! 

12 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

You can't delete/add or manipulate bindings in HE anyway

Okay, thank you.  Been fun messing around anyway.  I have learned more in one day then I have in the 6 years I've had the C4.  

Thank you everyone for helping.  It really is appreciated.  Its amazing that you all take time to assist one another (and me).  I guess for the weekend it will be the new fancy Apple remote.  Lot nicer then the old one, even though it feels weird have two remotes. Lol.

Cheers

Yep after playing around with both the SR260 paired and the Apple remote I kind of prefer the new Apple remote. So it's staying up on deck. So as long as the AppleTv stays bound in connections within Control4 I'm sweet. What's cool is the new Apple remote is lighter, the siri and sweep and it has a great outa sight range. Enjoy. 

• 5 months later...
On 11/25/2017 at 3:01 PM, Cyknight said:

HE isn't going anywhere: when -> then does not give you anything near the functionality of HE, not to mention it requires 4Sight and a good internet to run.

Sorry to ask the same question again - but I too have had "my" dealer indicate that HE is being "phased out".  I am keen to do more with C4 without annoying (and paying) - and many seem to love the features HE has.  I am converted - just don't want to pay for HE only to have C4 discontinue it.

What do you want me to say? I have not heard anything of the sort. I do not know why in the world they would do it. I've not heard of or seen any new features that would extend when-then. When-then cannot nearly give you what HE can do. HE is a modified Pro version which means minimal development required to update and maintain it ....

13 hours ago, Tech15 said:

Sorry to ask the same question again - but I too have had "my" dealer indicate that HE is being "phased out".  I am keen to do more with C4 without annoying (and paying) - and many seem to love the features HE has.  I am converted - just don't want to pay for HE only to have C4 discontinue it.

Ask your dealer for more specifics and let us know what he said.  I suspect he misunderstood something.  

If you want to do more and really make C4 shine you need to (a) get HE and do it yourself or (b) pay your dealer a generous hourly rate and hope they have someone who can do more than just the basics.

I went with HE because no one is going to understand the logic of how I want things to work better than I am and, since there's more than one way to do things, it may take some experimentation to figure out what's best for you.   And you get real time feedback and results (which may be the biggest benefit).

HE pays for itself in a couple of hours.  If you are interested, I wouldn't hesitate - get a license.   Even if they phase out HE (which seems both unlikely and beyond stupid), it will still work with your current system.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the long delay - been travelling.  Anyway to follow up - spoke to my dealer again.  He is pretty sure that C4 was looking to phase it out. So I thought I would ask C4 - their response "As for Composer HE, we still support this software and you can purchase it through any Control4 authorized dealership."

Seems definitive enough for me (might just keep the email though).  Thanks for all you help - appreciated.

7 hours ago, Tech15 said:

Apologies for the long delay - been travelling.  Anyway to follow up - spoke to my dealer again.  He is pretty sure that C4 was looking to phase it out. So I thought I would ask C4 - their response "As for Composer HE, we still support this software and you can purchase it through any Control4 authorized dealership."

Seems definitive enough for me (might just keep the email though).  Thanks for all you help - appreciated.

Any dealer can sell you Composer HE.  I can sell you Composer HE.  The current offer includes a 1 year 4sight subscription for $150 usd.  It will extend your current 4sight subscription for another year (when the current one expires) even if you already have one.   I've never heard of any news of Control4 phasing out Composer HE.  There is a  new and simpler when-->then programming feature that came out with OS 2.10 but it is nowhere near as powerful as Composer HE.  

37 minutes ago, pwb said:

I must have missed it but what does the renamer driver do exactly?

It allows you to rename devices using composer he. Something you can't do natively. It normally requires composer pro. And my driver is a clever way to allow consumers to rename devices. 

Archived