C4 Forums | Control4

Water Proof shower interface

and the U2.. from what I remember those are RF only remotes so you're going to need a RF processor of some type to go along.

Control4 stopped using the IR input on the new HC800 (and I think HC250) so you'll need an older HC controller if you want to use the IR masks. Otherwise you'll have to create a driverworks driver to accept IP commands if you use one of RTI's IP processors.. I haven't touched RTI in years so I don't even know how to go about programming IP commands to work.

^^U2 seems overkill for a shower but I see your point here- not worth all the hassle just for a little music. Also, did not know IR-IN was struck from the new controllers. Mini Remotes may develop problems with the humidity in the shower. I've also noticed that the big button on these things often gets stuck in the depressed position. Great for battery life...

Thanks guys, I like the itouch idea the most as I could use the native C4 interface, but charging would be an issue.

I would definitely pay $$$$ if C4 every made a waterproof touch screen.

If your willing to pay I'm sure there is a solution! lol check this out. Many bathroom mirror tvs now are waterproof and are mounted in a shower. Adding a touchscreen to the interface removes the remote issue....

http://www.ad-notam.com/products/DYO.asp?DYOID=12

Thanks guys, I like the itouch idea the most as I could use the native C4 interface, but charging would be an issue.

I would definitely pay $$$$ if C4 every made a waterproof touch screen.

You could just put the charging dock just outside the shower, grab on the way in and dock it on the way out.

Integration with the Kohler digital system would be very cool also.

You mean if the Kohler system could control C4? Because I didn't see the point of Kohler's system for actually playing music if you had C4's whole house setup. Just another reason I didn't miss Kohler in going with Moen's solution instead. Now if my plumber would get to work and finish the shower.

Integration with the Kohler digital system would be very cool also.

You mean if the Kohler system could control C4? Because I didn't see the point of Kohler's system for actually playing music if you had C4's whole house setup. Just another reason I didn't miss Kohler in going with Moen's solution instead. Now if my plumber would get to work and finish the shower.

No, I mean if C4 could control Kohler. New touchscreen interface that would install in the shower, turn on and off the various kohler parts and handle lighting, audio, and perhaps video.

Ok, I could see the other parts besides audio, but the Kohler system would seem to be quite limited on audio vs. C4.

Right, C4 would control the plumbing aspects of the Kohler, and the rest would be all C4 based (audio, lighting, video, etc). Intercom would be pretty cool also, it would save a lot of screaming for soap, lol.

LOL.

But one way video from the new door station would be nice. I hate it when the doorbell rings and I'm in the shower.

But then you need to decide if you want the touchpanel by the can or by the shower, I chose the can...unless you have your can and shower next to each other...

LOL.

But one way video from the new door station would be nice. I hate it when the doorbell rings and I'm in the shower.

But then you need to decide if you want the touchpanel by the can or by the shower' date=' I chose the can...unless you have your can and shower next to each other...[/quote']

Got that covered. I never go to the can without reading material (iphone)!

Archived