C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone here using water sensors?

qVAMPIREp

Lots, in my home direct to to controllers, in many client systems integrated into security, or using a security panel back-fed into a system.

Using my home as example, lights start flashing on main floor and outside (informed my neighbours of some of the pattern meanings) if there's a flood detection, and emails and texts are sent out.

In one client's system, if the flood sensors detect anything, they'll shut down several electronic valves in case it's a leak (this after a bad laundry connections literally drowned his first system).

I use a Rule-a-matic float switch in my cellar (normally used in boats to trigger a bilge pump)

So this *needs* to be reliable, and I've had no problems...

It just triggers a relay. It's pretty simple.. it's wired into the alarm, but could also be into C4> push notify or whatever..

But simple in this situation is good...

The other option is the dedicated thingo from Card Access...

Is Concord4 still the best alarm system for C4? I remember reading some time ago the connection to C4 parts were hard to find. Something about the part no longer being made. If not what is required? An alternative would also be Cardaccess?

I just installed a concord 4 at my house before thanksgiving and had no issue connecting it to the control4. All you need is a RS232 cable and the home automation module shown below.

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-135-60-783-02-ge-iti-superbus-2000-rs-232-automation-module.aspx

Is Concord4 still the best alarm system for C4? I remember reading some time ago the connection to C4 parts were hard to find. Something about the part no longer being made. If not what is required? An alternative would also be Cardaccess?

I just installed a concord 4 at my house before thanksgiving and had no issue connecting it to the control4. All you need is a RS232 cable and the home automation module shown below.

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-135-60-783-02-ge-iti-superbus-2000-rs-232-automation-module.aspx

Thanks for the link abeasst!

I've seen the AC Ness/Elk in action running the recluse driver.

It is simply awesome.

You can even use the alarm sensors as motion sensors for Control4!

It is a work of beauty the way AC has got all this to operate so simply and affordably.

This will be my next alarm<>C4

..if I was to do it all again..

I think the Elk M1 Gold is the current top dog

WOW!!! That looks fantastic :)

Is there a module you need for C4 integration or is it just the ethernet?

It all happens via the driver. Via IP and +/- serial. (I think)

That's the beauty. I believe you don't even need a module, just a a serial cable. (or so I'm told) You definitely don't need additional I/O device triggering events to/from relay's on the alarm panel..

I've seen the AC Ness/Elk in action running the recluse driver.

It is simply awesome.

You can even use the alarm sensors as motion sensors for Control4!

It is a work of beauty the way AC has got all this to operate so simply and affordably.

This will be my next alarm<>C4

..if I was to do it all again..

That's the case for all security systems I've ever worked with - GE Concord, Networx - Honeywell Vista - DSC IT-100.......

... I also have water turn off when leaving the house in away or alarm armed to away.

How does this work with humidifiers, ice cube makers, etc. that may be on while you are away? Do you calibrate a threshold leakage rate?

Glenn

... I also have water turn off when leaving the house in away or alarm armed to away.

How does this work with humidifiers' date=' ice cube makers, etc. that may be on while you are away? Do you calibrate a threshold leakage rate?[/quote']

FloLogic I linked to discussion about is much more elegant than just turning off the water.

How does this work with humidifiers' date=' ice cube makers, etc. that may be on while you are away? Do you calibrate a threshold leakage rate?[/quote']

FloLogic I linked to discussion about is much more elegant than just turning off the water.

FloLogic is REALLY cool when integrated with Control 4 - TRUST TURLS and me.

Bill

How does this work with humidifiers' date=' ice cube makers, etc. that may be on while you are away? Do you calibrate a threshold leakage rate?

Glenn[/quote']

sine we just got back into our home after a year due to a broken water pipe we deal without having enough ice :)

I will expand on it down the road but for no we feel better with it turning off

How does this work with humidifiers' date=' ice cube makers, etc. that may be on while you are away? Do you calibrate a threshold leakage rate?

Glenn[/quote']

sine we just got back into our home after a year due to a broken water pipe we deal without having enough ice :)

I will expand on it down the road but for no we feel better with it turning off

Flo Logic detects leaks and turns the water off for you if there is one.

Bill

Archived