C4 Forums | Control4

Thought this was interesting

Funny day today just received this email -

Hi,

We are a market research agency in London called Serrula Research and we are running a market research project looking into home automation.

Our client, would like to get opinions and feedback about peoples experiences With either living with home automation or how they are going about choosing a product for their houses.

We are conducting focus groups Friday evening and Saturday next week (23/5 and 24/5) in central London and we were hoping that you would like to take part in this study. We will be offering the people that attend £100 for their time and also will remburse you for your travel costs. There is no sales purpose for this research and we simply gather your views on some concept systems being developed by a well known manufactuer.

If this is of interest please get in touch with us on 020 3371 3660 or drop me an email with the best contact number to get you on and we'll run through some questions with you to see which of groups will be best suited for you. As previously mentioned we are looking for people who already have their systems installed or people who are intending on purchasing a home automation system.

We are an accredited market research organisation and our website link is below, we are also a longstanding member of ESOMAR. The project shall be carried out in accordance with the rules and regulations established by ESOMAR and the MRS International Code of Marketing & Social Research Practice.

Could have great fun with traveling cost as we live 250 miles away and it's a bank holiday weekend !!!!!

It was until MS abanded Media Center. I just thought it was interesting because I never thought insteon was going to get this kind of support. It must be better than it used to be.

I'm sure "Microsoft Stores" are popular and all, but I predict more of the same:

http://www.cepro.com/article/tbt_a_brief_history_of_microsofts_failed_attempts_at_home_automation/

RyanE

The difference between Microsoft and the other minions is that they have very very deep pockets.

They will keep trying this is a pet project for them and their R&D budget is ridiculous.

Archived