C4 Forums | Control4

bathroom exhaust fans

Are the lights on a c4 switch as well? Just turn them on with the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the lights are on C4 switches as well. Linking them would be the easiest way, thanks!

i was hoping not to have them running when not needed but in reality it makes no difference....

Could do a few things...  Install an Axxess Motion sensor which also has a humidity sensor or an Axxess Contact Sensor, Multi Function Repeater, or Relay Contact Sensor all of which also monitor temperature.  Either would be fine ways to automate an exhaust fan turning on/off.

Please advise a clever way to turn a bathroom fan on when forgetfull people do not do so while showering.

I currently have a C4 switch on a 1 hour timer when one does remember...

Could do a few things... Install an Axxess Motion sensor which also has a humidity sensor or an Axxess Contact Sensor, Multi Function Repeater, or Relay Contact Sensor all of which also monitor temperature. Either would be fine ways to automate an exhaust fan turning on/off.

So yes the motion sensors humidity can be programmed to turn on the fan until humidity drops to x

It could also be programmes to turn on if light on more than x mins and motion detected to remove other smells forme someone in there a while ;)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

If its a matter of humidity and smells....why not:

Start a timer when light is on. If on for 3 mins turn on fan. leave fan on while light on. After light is off leave fan on for 5 mins (to clean out air) and then off. Solves all issues and no parts needed.

If its a matter of humidity and smells....why not:

Start a timer when light is on. If on for 3 mins turn on fan. leave fan on while light on. After light is off leave fan on for 5 mins (to clean out air) and then off. Solves all issues and no parts needed.

Not everyone wants their fan running every time the light goes on. I know I don't... Another reason, because its the point of an automation system..

:>

Not everyone wants their fan running every time the light goes on. I know I don't... Another reason, because its the point of an automation system..

:>

Thanks for all the ideas everyone! I think the axxess motion sensor with the humidity sensor would be the route to go here, been planning on using motion sensors in the rooms anyways.  Any leads on obtaining these units?

Blackwire posts here you can ask who is a dealer in these.

They will need to be added to the project by a C4 dealer though

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

I will hit up Blackwire, thanks for the tip!

Integration is the easy part :D

Archived