C4 Forums | Control4

Composer Pro Express

Sad that Composer Express will not be available to the consumer.  Seems like anyone could add a device.   Curious how many dealers will use it over Pro.  Most of the dealers here are already "ninjas"

It has it's uses, been playing with it.

Me personally would mainly use it to identify lighting devices and touchsreens etc. Phone's lighter than my laptop ;)

Other people that I work with however I could now just send around the house to add lighting devices and keypad etc, ID them WITHOUT requiring me to keep an identify window open, plus I can have them add the proper driver based on model on say a TV while I concentrate on other things, vs having them write it down, bring it to me and so on. I'm sure it will lead to increased efficiency.

• 1 month later...

While I certainly agree that it's a step forward, and likely could be used just fine by any homeowner in this forum (you guys are a pretty intelligent bunch), note that Composer Express currently still requires dealer credentials, and Control4 has made no announcements (or plans, that I have heard of) to open it up further.

RyanE

Archived