C4 Forums | Control4

Cree Zigbee bulbs

msgreenf

If I recall, these bulbs work with Hue and Wemo, so while not a direct connection to control4, maybe you could route to it that way through the Hue and Wemo drivers.

Wemo is good. Any info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Strange that an HA profile zigbee bulb can't work in Control4.  Was real simple getting them to work with almost all the zigbee hubs out there, Wink, SmartThings, etc.

I wrote a driver to control them from inside Control4 to SmartThings using their REST API, but was painful.

Why can't Control4 support basic HA lighting profiles? 

If they don't support industry standards it will be to their demise. Funny that an automation company fighting for AV standards with SDDP won't support zigbee standards themselves. Sounds a little hypocritical

Control4 requires an authentication in the communication which the Cree bulbs don't support.

I for one am not interested in unscecure automation just cause it's cheaper, easier, quicker to market.

I don't think per bulb is the way to go but given these new bulbs permit enclosed fixtures and produce light similiar to inclandecent LED becoming more affordable and controllable.  Using C4, Lutron etc...works great!

So, control4 makes a dimmer, switch, keypad that all conform to the zigbee HA profile that can join other hubs.  Why wouldn't they allow Zigbee HA profile devices to connect?

I think people think these are just zigbee LightLink (which has no authentication) but they also support the HA Profile for lighting, just like any other switch / dimmer.

Control4 doesn't support Zigbee LightLink but they do have support for HA Lighing profile, since dimmers work so it "should" just be a matter of using a generic dimmer driver with the right clusters set up for on/off and dimming.

I don't think per bulb is the way to go but given these new bulbs permit enclosed fixtures and produce light similiar to inclandecent LED becoming more affordable and controllable. Using C4, Lutron etc...works great!

I actually think per light opens up some more interesting light scene options.

I actually think per light opens up some more interesting light scene options.

My only issue with per light is that given things change so quickly, if the one you pick either gets bought out or discontinued then future upgrades are worthless.  Certainly thing options increase by having per light but sticking with the big players be it C4 or Lutron helps minimize future issues.

Archived