C4 Forums | Control4

What to use for a computer?

Look for Apple as the manufacturer - that should give you the "Apple Mac". This shows up[ as DVD icon in Composer but as a screen and tower on screens.

Alternatively, here's a driver I've made that will display a laptop icon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay0hgragfgrf6y3/dvd_Lumagen_Radiance%20XD_XE%20secondary%20control%20_IR_%20MkII.c4i?dl=0

Brand Lumagen. It's a companion driver to the Lumagen Scaler Driver I made, but will work as a stand-alone 'fake' source driver just fine.

No, no need to mod anything - there ARE some 'extra' icons in C4 available if you know how (see also the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 icons). Before you ask - no, no BluRay icon :unsure:

It would depend on the proxy they chose to use - they may have chosen cable box due to button availability in the 'touch' interfaces vs a different proxy.

Unless it's just the Icon that's cable. Why, not sure but differentiating for some reason?

It would depend on the proxy they chose to use - they may have chosen cable box due to button availability in the 'touch' interfaces vs a different proxy.

Unless it's just the Icon that's cable. Why, not sure but differentiating for some reason?

Icon in Composer is the "cable" icon.  Not sure right now how it shows up on the interface, or what proxy they used.  Just a "things that make you say hmmm" not a big deal.

Look for Apple as the manufacturer - that should give you the "Apple Mac". This shows up[ as DVD icon in Composer but as a screen and tower on screens.

Alternatively, here's a driver I've made that will display a laptop icon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay0hgragfgrf6y3/dvd_Lumagen_Radiance%20XD_XE%20secondary%20control%20_IR_%20MkII.c4i?dl=0

Brand Lumagen. It's a companion driver to the Lumagen Scaler Driver I made, but will work as a stand-alone 'fake' source driver just fine.

No, no need to mod anything - there ARE some 'extra' icons in C4 available if you know how (see also the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 icons). Before you ask - no, no BluRay icon :unsure:

Right, didn't take it far enough and just went on what I saw in Composer.  Thanks for the custom Lumagen *.c4i.  That's valuable to me.

Ah ok, just wanted to make sure - as the driver I linked isn't ment to be used as the actual driver for a Lumagen as a video switch (I made different ones for that purpose) -  technically it's just a driver to give an installer or the end-user direct control over the unit through the system.

Archived