C4 Forums | Control4

Shairbridge

oldtex

Dose the 800 have to be the master for Pandora to work as well ?? Or is it just for shairbridge

In another thread I was told Pandora etc Work on the 250

Correct, Pandora will work with the HC-250 as master. Shairbridge requires an HC-800 to be the master controller. I have been using Pandora with no issue in my project which is run by an HC-250 (with some HC-300's and HC-200's.

I know this says that you have to have an HC-800 to make this work but what if you have an HC-800 in your system but it's not the controller running Director?

I just found out the hard way it's a no go. Looks like I need to migrate Director to the 800 from the 1,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you use the audio outs on the HC-200s and HC-300s with the Shairbridge and the Pandora when they are just slave controllers?

Yes absolutely - speakerpoint works also. The limitation lies at the director controller being able to handle shairbridge.

That said, the audio3/advanced audio is no no longer considered 'beta' and the advisable way to go (in general, with faster processing, clearer audio and cleaner synching)- but THAT would disable any outputs other than hc250/hc800

Well, having an 800 - there really is no true function to leaving the 1000 over top to begin with.

At one point it had to do with paid drivers tied to a MAC address and not wanting the hassle of changing all those. That, and I've got it so figured why not use it. Maybe I'll figure out the process and see if I can't repurpose the HC1000 chassis or something. They're essentially worthless...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shairbridge really is quite cool. I have two problems and hope someone has suggestions for item 1 (item 2 is more of a wishlis item):

1. Most importantly, when I use the auto room off function (I have tried various values ranging from 0 minutes to 5 minutes), the room goes off fine when I disengage AirPlay. However, the power off event is not triggered for the room. This is a real challenge for me as I have some cool programming that does various things with media scenes and LEDs when music goes on or off. This all works when Shairbridge starts playing but when it goes off, the "power off" event not being triggered for the room means that my LEDs don't go off etc.

2. It would be nice if the navigator picked up the meta data (at least the song name) when the song is air playing over Shairbridge.

Shairbridge really is quite cool. I have two problems and hope someone has suggestions for item 1 (item 2 is more of a wishlis item):

1. Most importantly, when I use the auto room off function (I have tried various values ranging from 0 minutes to 5 minutes), the room goes off fine when I disengage AirPlay. However, the power off event is not triggered for the room. This is a real challenge for me as I have some cool programming that does various things with media scenes and LEDs when music goes on or off. This all works when Shairbridge starts playing but when it goes off, the "power off" event not being triggered for the room means that my LEDs don't go off etc.

2. It would be nice if the navigator picked up the meta data (at least the song name) when the song is air playing over Shairbridge.

I believe #2 depends on the airplay source. If you use Apple music player for example you should always get meta data.

• 1 year later...
On 17/10/2015 at 9:51 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Aaah... Any idea why the power off event is not triggered for the room when the 'auto room off' is triggered by ending a Shairbridge session?

Very pleased to see that this little bug (which irritated me despite being pretty irrelevant) was fixed in OS2.9 (or at some time in the last few months.  I noticed this weekend that LEDs that I have programmed to change colour when a room goes off, are now being triggered after a Shairbridge session is turned off on the iPad... This did not used to happen.

Small things make me happy :)

Archived