C4 Forums | Control4

Non responsive HC800

I'm trying to add an HC800 to my project however, the controller isn't responding to factory reset attempts. The controller acts like it's booting up, power light, link, data, and wifi all lights blue but it's not found on my network. Video shows a black screen and "Control4" in large white letters only, nothing else. The network lights on the back have a solid and a blinking yellow as if it is communicating with the network but again, it's not found, no ip address. I've tried factory reset several times, holding the button until the wifi blinks orange, holding ID while powering up, still nothing. Any suggestions or anything I'm missing??

It sounds like you may not be doing the procedure correctly. The factory restore procedure on the KB for the HC800 states, " Disconnect power, then press and hold the Factory Restore pinhole with a paperclip while reconnecting power. Wifi will start to blink purple, release at this point. UI on the HDMI or component should indicate that the recovery is in progress.
During the recovery process, the WiFi LED blinks Blue, and the LED bootup sequence starts. At the end of the restore, the Power LED is solid Blue, and the WiFi LED blinks. "

Remember, you can watch the HDMI video and it will tell you once a factory restore is underway and when to release. So, likely you need to hold it longer.

I tried a network reset. I read you hold the button and apply power. When I try this, all the lights boot normal, I did notice once or twice, the wifi light stays lit after the boot. I also read for a factory reset, you hold the reset button and apply power and I read you hold the reset button when plugged in. I've tried both ways with no result. I also read where you only need to hold the reset button for 7-10 seconds before wifi starts flashing, "link" flashes for about 30 seconds, then data, then wifi starts to flash. No matter what I've tried, once all the lights are on, the HDMI displays "Control4". Not sure if it means anything but when I received the controller, it wouldn't power on by just plugging it in, I had to push the "power" button on the back with a paperclip to get it to turn on.

Thanks for the replies. Matt, after the boot up, the screen goes to "Control4" it doesn't show anything during the boot, just after. My HC-250 boots with just the "4" logo, the 800 has the full "Control4"...if that means anything. I've checked system manager and the controller isn't found.

Cyknight, the lights have varied from all my attempts to get it to boot up. Most commonly, it boots normally with power, link, and data solid blue. I have tried other ways to boot it and restore it and have seen all lights including wifi in blue. I tried other boots and seen only power lit in blue. Currently I have power and wifi only lit.

Also, the controller has only been wired with Ethernet directly to my switch. I don't have an unsecured wifi for it to connect to. Ethernet port lights on the back are solid green on the right and flashing on the left.

Using the process from the KB, I unplug power, depress the "factory reset" button with a paperclip, plug power back in. HDMI is connected but no signal at this point. The power light begins to flash blue for about five seconds (stays solid blue), then the link begins flashing blue which continues for about 30 seconds (stays solid blue). Data begins flashing blue for about three seconds (stays solid blue). Wifi begins blinking purple, I release the reset button at this time. It continues to blink purple for about three seconds, then blinks about three times blue, then remains lit. At this point, television displays "Control4"...all lights remain solid blue, display stays the same, nothing else happens.

• 4 months later...

My Hc800 is unresponsive.

This morning, zigbee was working, but network wasn't (I couldn't connect with my iPhone and other controllers on the project were not issuing ir signals.)

I tried to ping hc800 with no success, so i took power of it and on back again.

Just power light flashing

Waited several minutes.

Nothing happen, so i redid the process (off/on). all i got was power flashing for 5 secs, and then link flashing for more than 10 minutes.

Redid it, just power flashing.

once more, power for 5 secs, and link...

I did it several times with no success. Any insights or help on this?

Network reet, nothing happens...

Factory reset also.

Thanks

13 hours ago, gcjacob said:

My Hc800 is unresponsive.

This morning, zigbee was working, but network wasn't (I couldn't connect with my iPhone and other controllers on the project were not issuing ir signals.)

I tried to ping hc800 with no success, so i took power of it and on back again.

Just power light flashing

Waited several minutes.

Nothing happen, so i redid the process (off/on). all i got was power flashing for 5 secs, and then link flashing for more than 10 minutes.

Redid it, just power flashing.

once more, power for 5 secs, and link...

I did it several times with no success. Any insights or help on this?

Network reet, nothing happens...

Factory reset also.

Thanks

Nobody can help me on this??

At least to let me know what does the power led on and the link led flashing??

• 1 year later...

Archived