C4 Forums | Control4

OPPO UDP-203 Driver Released

annex⁴

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like to second the request for a discrete input control. I just put in a 203, and I'm in a similar situation where for the time being I have to run the input from Apple TV through the oppo  in order to get a 4K signal to my projector. As it is, I cannot get the IP driver to work as I cannot select that as a discrete input.

I note that these requests were put in November of last year, and there seems to have been very little work done on the driver in the interim. Are you planning on updating the driver anytime soon?

Steve

I have my Roku Ultra hooked into the HDMI IN on the Oppo, but when I select the Roku, the input is supposed to switch to input 2 but it bypasses input 2 and goes straight to input 3 instead, HDMI ARC. Could this possibly be because the Roku is always on and enters a sleep mode when not in use? I've been trying to get this working correctly for a while now. 

With your driver, will I be able to select the Roku on the Control4 menu, have it switch to the Oppo and have the Oppo automatically select input 2 and stay on input 2 so the Roku can be watched on any TV hooked into the matrix? 

hi,

I tried using it, but the input seemed to randomly roll based on what the original input is. so for example, I have the ATV connected to the rear HDMI on the oppo, and the oppo has a HDMI run to the projector and the 2nd HDMI out is used for the audio which runs to my current receiver.

in composer, I have the binding from the oppo output linked to both the receiver and HDMI2 on the projector, and the out from the ATV is linked to the HDMI in on the oppo inputs.

the system defaults on any 'on' command to directv (run from dvr to rec to HDMI1 on proj through rec). 

when I change the input to OPPO, the video on the proj. changes to HDMI2, but the input on the OPPO will either change to BLURAY (if the last thing watched was ATV) or to ATV (if the last thing watched was BLURAY).  the same thing will happen when I select ATV, it will roll to the nect input, and does not seem to be able to select the correct one.

using the IR driver I am able to send a 'input' then '2' when selecting ATV, and this seems to work fine every time.

I am also selecting input 'bluray" on the ir driver for OPPO selection,a d this seems to change it to the correct input.

I didnt see these control options available on the IP driver, unless there is a newer version of which I am unaware.

Steve

I loaded the beta driver, and it seems I've lost IP control both through the Oppo iOS app and also with this driver.  Anybody ran into that?

What is goofy is the iOS app tells me i have to update to the newest driver, but it might just be saying that since it cannot connect.

I don't have serial hooked up currently.

EDIT: another time I should have checked before I posted, the DHCP address changed when the new firmware was loaded, even though it should have been reserved.  The beta firmware and Annex driver seem fine.

So I had some time this morning and I played around with this a bit more. I loaded the IP driver from your website into my project in a hidden room, and I looked at the differences between control. Essentially, when  this device is connected, and is part of a pass-through stream from an Apple TV or other device into the rear HDMI input, the system never seems to be able to select the correct input. This results in the issue that I, and roll dog seem to be having, no consistency in selecting the rear HDMI as an input source.

On the generic IP driver, there is an actual programming command to select the device  input,  this can then be paired with a numerical value to select the correct source when using the device in the system. So for example, when my system selects the AppleTV I have a programming  statement that says when the source of the room changes, if the source is going to be the AppleTV, then it turns on the Blu-ray player, delays for a few seconds to allow it to boot, and then sends an input command, followed by a two command. This essentially switches the input to the rear HDMI, and allows me to watch the Apple TV which is connected to it.

I have tried having the Blu-ray player turn on when the system turns on, to see if it was maybe a boot up delay that was causing the system to miss switching the input, however even with the device on it does not reliably change the input for the Blu-ray to use the rear HDMI input. This also holds true when trying to switch back to watch Blu-ray after watching the device that has been connected to the rear HDMI. Using the same programming sequence, but changing it slightly I am able to tell the player to select Blu-ray as the input when the room source changes.

Looking at your IP driver, there does not seem to be a programming command for input, although you do have commands for other keypad functions. Unless I am missing it, this seems to be the missing link that would allow this driver to work in a system that has a pass-through source going through the Blu-ray player. Without it, control4 does not seem to automatically select the correct input when changing sources.

My original question stands, is there a way to get a dedicated input, at least as a programming command,  In an updated version of your driver. It doesn't necessarily have to be a command that selects the rear HDMI, anything that sends an input command can be followed by a numerical value which would tell the player which input to use.

I have not played around with it, but it seems as if chowmain's  driver allows for this input command. It seems as if this is something that is allowed over IP control, but are simply not yet implemented in your version of the driver.

As I stated previously, I would much prefer to use the licensed oppo  driver over IP then have to pay for a third-party driver, as well as for a dealer to insert this programming into my system. Is there anyway you might be able to advise us if your current plans will allow for this functionality on your IP driver? Alternatively, I am completely open to the fact that I might be missing something in my programming, or in my review of how to use the driver, if this is the case, would you please advise me as to how I should change either the connections, or the selection programming to allow for reliable use when using VIP driver and selecting a pass-through source.

This is really only a situation that will probably be bothering me for the next 16 months, as i plan to update my receiver to a 4K version sometime this year, as soon as the new products are out and reliably being manufactured. It would be nice to not have to kludge together a solution until that point though.

Steve

I've replaced one of the proxies in the driver (the Virtual Switch) and will be phasing out the previous version of the driver. Auto-updating the old drivers would cause problems as the proxy type has changed. As such the file has been renamed so people don't try and update over the previous version, this version requires a fresh install.

https://annex4.link/drivers/udp-203

I've added the advanced commands in the protocol as device specific commands for this release as well.

Changes:

• Added discrete mute commands.
  • Added 'Set Output Resolution' command.
  • Added 'Set Zoom Ratio' command.
  • Added 'Repeat' command.
  • Added 'Set Subtitle Shift' command.
  • Added 'Set OSD Position' command.
  • Added 'Set Time Information Display' command.
  • Added 'Set HDR Mode' command.

@turls

You'll need to go to the virtual switch portion to send the mute command.

On 2/15/2018 at 10:16 AM, TheWizard said:

@turls

You'll need to go to the virtual switch portion to send the mute command.

I may have goofed, changing the region with the region chip requires both Mute and Dimmer commands.  I thought the Dimmer command was in there, but now I can't find it.  I imagine I made a mistake and it was not there, but maybe it is gone in the new version.  Can you please make sure to get Dimmer added or help me find it?

3 hours ago, TheWizard said:

The Dimmer key is under the button mappings, do you need it as a programming command?

To be clear, the sequence is

DIMMER , DIMMER , DIMMER , MUTE , (1,2, or 3) for Region A, B, or C, then a power cycle.  Much appreciated...

• 3 weeks later...

There is a connection for DLNA video, and the first post says DLNA support is coming.

Is this working (and if so how would it be set-up), and if not is there an ETA?

I assume by DLNA we will be able play files direct rather than go manually through the network menu as I do at the moment?

I purchased the Oppo 203 and my C4 dealer is having issues with the Annex driver.

When the Oppo is on C4 controls the Oppo just fine, but it cannot turn the Oppo on or off. Yes, the network standby on the Oppo is set to on.

I opened a ticket with Oppo and they had me confirm their Media Control app via my mobile phone works fine including on/off then indicated is uses the same underlying technology so the driver must be the issue.

Anyone else with this issue or any ideas? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.