C4 Forums | Control4

OPPO UDP-203 Driver Released

annex⁴

On 2/23/2018 at 9:30 AM, TheWizard said:

@turls The driver has been updated with two new commands to achieve what you need (version 2.9.190): https://annex4.link/drivers/udp-203?changelog=latest

Between my ongoing system issues, and my lack of time, I'm just now verifying that even when I have the newest driver loaded...2.9.195, there is no "DIMMER" command available in the driver which prevents me from doing the region change (using a chip add-on) through Control4, as a reminder here is a copy and paste of my previous post:

the sequence is

DIMMER , DIMMER , DIMMER , MUTE , (1,2, or 3) for Region A, B, or C, then a power cycle. 

Do I still have an issue and "DIMMER" is supposed to be an available command?  There is a huge list of commands available but that critical one is missing.

There are multiple commands for MUTE including on, off, and toggle so hopefully I'm good there at least.

EDIT: This was a driver update issue, I have this command now.

• 11 months later...

@TheWizard Is there any chance we will get a driver update to include the new input choice for HDMI Bypass, which was included in the latest firmware (which has been out a while)?  This is the same input, but bypasses processing Dolby Vision content.

I can probably program around this limitation if this driver isn't getting more updates, which would be understandable.

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2019 at 9:30 AM, TheWizard said:

I've tossed the feature request into the backlog, next time I have a small time window available I'll slot it in.

Hi can someone please explain how exactly to setup the virtual portion of the driver for inputs.   Any way just to have those discrete input commands and the Discreet zoom commands added to the driver?   

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 10:29 AM, turls said:

@TheWizard Is there any chance we will get a driver update to include the new input choice for HDMI Bypass, which was included in the latest firmware (which has been out a while)?  This is the same input, but bypasses processing Dolby Vision content.

I can probably program around this limitation if this driver isn't getting more updates, which would be understandable.

I'm not seeing the a command in their uploaded API doc. I do see this referenced in the last firmware update though. It may just be the next number in their sequence of inputs which would be '6'. Making the changes now to check, I'll keep you updated.

• 3 weeks later...

My control4 system was just installed last week (replacing a URC complete control system from 2011). I told my installer about this driver for Oppo 203 so he installed it. It works fine with one major exception– the 203 fails to power on when I select to "watch" it. If I turn it on manually then the C4 devices (Neeo and IOS) work fine to control it and power it off. The standby mode for the player is set to "Network Standby" and IP control is enabled.

I have been starting to learn Composer HE as well. One thing I noticed is if I double-click on the Oppo 203 device in the "monitoring" pane it brings up a window where I can issue commands to the 203. Power On does not work there either. But if I bring up the "UHD Blu-ray Virtual Switch" instead then Power On works fine there. So the summary is the Power Off works on the plain Oppo 203 device, but not Power On, while both Power On and Power Off work for the virtual switch.

I would appreciate any advice on how to troubleshoot and resolve this. I have attached a screenshot of the properties in case that helps. Thanks...

203.png

@JJ7 I tried to reproduce the issue you're describing but was unable. Both paths you describe run the same underlying function to turn the device on. If you can set 'Debug Mode' to 'Debug' in the properties and then replicate the issue a log will appear in the Lua Output tab that should display what's happening. If you want to PM that to me I can take a further look and see what's up.

Is anyone else experiencing power on issues as described?

On 2/25/2020 at 2:41 PM, TheWizard said:

@JJ7 I tried to reproduce the issue you're describing but was unable. Both paths you describe run the same underlying function to turn the device on. If you can set 'Debug Mode' to 'Debug' in the properties and then replicate the issue a log will appear in the Lua Output tab that should display what's happening. If you want to PM that to me I can take a further look and see what's up.

Is anyone else experiencing power on issues as described?

I will try to debug this in the next few days and report back. I'm also going to reset my player to see if it makes any difference.

On 2/26/2020 at 11:37 PM, JJ7 said:

I will try to debug this in the next few days and report back. I'm also going to reset my player to see if it makes any difference.

My dealer resolved this. I’ll try to determine what he did and report back. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi, a dealer has setup my OPPO-203 but it doesn't turn on.  I'm needing to manually turn the player on.  The player is in Network Standby mode.  The player does turn off when I power off the room.

I've turned on debugging and noted that the driver is ignoring "ON" for OppoDvd (see below). 

What would cause the driver to ignore "ON"?  Is there something in way the dealer has setup the binding that needs to be changed?

[ Trace ] [03/20/21 05:54:46] [0014] [ String ]: ReceivedFromProxy
[ Trace ] [03/20/21 05:54:46] [0015] [ String ]: Proxy.ReceivedFromProxy[5001]: ON
[ Debug ] [03/20/21 05:54:46] [0016] [ String ]: CONNECT:1
[ Trace ] [03/20/21 05:54:46] [0018] [ String ]: Proxy.handle: ON
[ Debug ] [03/20/21 05:54:46] [0019] [ String ]: CONNECT:1
[ Trace ] [03/20/21 05:54:46] [0021] [ String ]: Proxy.handle: Mapped to - on
[ Trace ] [03/20/21 05:54:46] [0022] [ String ]: Proxy.handle: Found function
[ Trace ] [03/20/21 05:54:46] [0023] [ String ]: Ignoring 'ON' for OppoDvd

@Rexabyte

if you're able to help with this pls.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to circle back for the benefit of any others who experience this problem.  Rexabyte shared that driver 2.9.208 resolves my issue (my dealer installed 2.9.206). 

Alternatively, an interim solution for home owners is to use Composer Home Edition and program to send  an "On" command to the virtual switch portion of the driver when the DVD gets the "On" command.

Thanks Rexabyte!

• 3 months later...

As well as the Power On/Off issue I've got a very odd issue unless I'm missing something obvious.  I cannot exit from FF and RW!  PLAY on the Oppo 203 remote does this but not on the Neeo handset.  If I'm in FF, serial presses of RW will slow FF down in stages to the slowest, but a further press jumps to the slowest REW speed bypassing normal play speed.  The reverse scenario is also the case.  STOP takes me to the Oppo homepage where I can choose BD followed by Resume Playback but slow and cumbersome.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.