C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung Tv IP Drivers!

are here!  Provided by control4

M, L, and Q series drivers have dropped in

no support for wifi connected tvs, but may work with ir to power on.

Direct app selection support

Looking for some help testing these pm me for details if you have one of these newer samsungs. Ill be testing with my older tv this weekend to see if it works as well. 

1 hour ago, therockhr said:

Is this only for this years models or previous?

The listed series of tv's are in my first post I'll. Be testing with as many different years as i can get my hands on. I believe mine is 2011

The drivers are only for 2017 model year TVs, and only for the specific models listed.

If previous years' TVs used the same protocol, they may work, but they have only been developed for (and tested against) 2017 model year TVs.

RyanE

Tried tinkering with the driver for the un65mu6300 to control a un65ks8000 and in the documentation of the driver it says to go into network settings>expert settings> and turn on remote control and that isnt available on the 2016 tv so probably a bust at least for now

step in the right direction but it took 3 years for me to become confident in IP drivers for AVR's. Just became comfortable with the Sony TV IP drivers. 

+1

Not sure if it was CEPro or CEDIA that recently posted that Sony surpassed Samsung amongst CI's for their easier integration.

Sent using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

Tried tinkering with the driver for the un65mu6300 to control a un65ks8000 and in the documentation of the driver it says to go into network settings>expert settings> and turn on remote control and that isnt available on the 2016 tv so probably a bust at least for now

Sorry.

RyanE

5 hours ago, MakeItAMudLight said:

We just tried this driver in a buddy of mines house and it works great until the TV is off for a while and then it won't turn back on.  

Which driver?  Samsung, or the Sony mentioned up-thread?

I've turned the Samsung TV on (during dev / testing) after a weekend, and it started right up...  It retries Wake on LAN repeatedly until the TV responds.

RyanE

Just now, RyanE said:

Which driver?  Samsung, or the Sony mentioned up-thread?

I've turned the Samsung TV on (during dev / testing) after a weekend, and it started right up...  It retries Wake on LAN repeatedly until the TV responds.

RyanE

Samsung.  We'll try it again tomorrow and see how it behaves.  

On 6/10/2017 at 5:44 AM, annex⁴ said:

Does anyone know the firmware version required for Control4 integration on the M series? 

Not sure on the minimum but we did find that some of the newer tvs did have to be updated first before they would work due to their not being an option for ip remote.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.