C4 Forums | Control4

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, penn65000 said:

Don't see why you don't use Tidal.

It ain't about me. My adult kids, family, and friends don't use Tidal. They use Spotify and Apple Music. Their best playlists (which I enjoy too) are all made by their friends on Spotify.

4 hours ago, thegreatheed said:

Tomorrow is the CEDIA announcement from Control4. Any big new products and services are usually announced at CEDIA.

Ahh Geez.  I just googled "what is a CEDIA" and realized I should have booked the week off and headed over to San Diego!

11 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Just keep in mind that it's Spotify CONNECT

Spotify CONNECT is Spotify, only better. Unless the C4 implementation is crap, one should be able to start Spotify on their phone, connect to the Spotify Connect device and (a) be able to control the volume and (b) be able to kill the Spotify app on their phone and Spotify keeps playing on the Spotify Connect device. Restart the app on your phone and it syncs automatically, giving you back full control. Works that way on the cheapest of Spotify Connect devices. Hopefully Control4's implementation is correct.

13 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Spotify CONNECT is Spotify, only better. Unless the C4 implementation is crap, one should be able to start Spotify on their phone, connect to the Spotify Connect device and (a) be able to control the volume and (b) be able to kill the Spotify app on their phone and Spotify keeps playing on the Spotify Connect device. Restart the app on your phone and it syncs automatically, giving you back full control. Works that way on the cheapest of Spotify Connect devices. Hopefully Control4's implementation is correct.

Actually I would say it's worse because it would be BETTER if you could just access all of Spotify natively in C4 without needing multiple apps. Oh and no Volume control isn;t there - NO idea if it will ever happen but you have to remember that all those other 'connect devices' are single zone/single volume points, vs a virtual 'device' that actually is connected to a full distributed audio system.

My main point being don't expect to see an interface like for Tidal, Deezer, Pandora and so forth - though you can do presets for a number of playlists.

4 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

if you could just access all of Spotify natively in C4 without needing multiple apps.

If Spotify Connect (and Shairbridge, for that matter) were implemented correctly you would only need one app, whether you are at home or in the car.

My "customers" could care less about the C4 app or C4 integration. 99 times out of 100, when they start their music, they do it on their phone in the app created by the respective music service. What they want is to swipe up, pick a zone, and continue to play that music in the house. In our case, that's usually Spotify. Integration like Pandora, etc. would be nice but that's just icing.

1 minute ago, Elvis said:

If Spotify Connect (and Shairbridge, for that matter) were implemented correctly you would only need one app, whether you are at home or in the car.

My "customers" could care less about the C4 app or C4 integration. 99 times out of 100, when they start their music, they do it on their phone in the app created by the respective music service. What they want is to swipe up, pick a zone, and continue to play that music in the house. In our case, that's usually Spotify. Integration like Pandora, etc. would be nice but that's just icing.

That's an opinion and just fine - but Spotify for MY customers has been a dead horse because of the grief they've caused. I'm happy it's now at least the way it is for exactly ONE client has Spotify AND uses android phones. And a little happy for all of two others that use Spotify.

In the end, to me Spotify is no big deal one way or the other.

Archived