C4 Forums | Control4

7" T3 bottom section not responding to touch

Thanks Gary and thegreat. I have tried several times to hard reset using the pin method. I held it in for 5 seconds then 10 then 20 and all it does as soon as I push the pin in is turn off the panel. I tried the "reboot" in HE and still no response to touch at the lower section

Thanks again but I dont have that "RESET"  text and I dont have that microphone. The panel is a C4-TT7 wireless 

There does appear to be a tiny hole at the bottom of the panel but Im not sure if its a reset so im reluctant to put a pin in there. My reset is on top from what I can tell

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Drake0508 said:

I have an iPad with an iPort case and dock. It works fine but it looks like you miss out on a lot of features that the C4 touchscreens have. 

You don’t lose much functionality; however, the always on and direct connection of the T3 touchscreens is a big plus.

You lose intercom (soon to be launched for the iPad anyway) and the weather link from the home screen (you can link this elsewhere - e.g. in comfort with an appropriate driver.  You also lose page jumping to a camera.  Apart from that, a few drivers won’t work on the iPad (mainly those using a direct web interface so there are workarounds for these).

My 2 cent recommendation would be to always use a T3 touchscreen for on the wall integration (due to the first point above) and use an iPad (or other tablet) for all remote use.

Edited by South Africa C4 user

If the tablets are able to utilize intercom, that would be awesome. The direct connection is nice. I used up my four devices in the first ten minutes that my system was installed. Guess I can buy more licenses. I also have fire tablets on the wall from my DIY days. They aren’t beautiful but they work. This one has been up for two years with no issues. It would be nice to have a camera feed pop up on motion so I’ll likely buy a wall mounted T3 eventually. 

390D52D6-39B7-4664-956A-E6049550BCF3.jpeg

4 hours ago, Drake0508 said:

If the tablets are able to utilize intercom, that would be awesome. The direct connection is nice. I used up my four devices in the first ten minutes that my system was installed. Guess I can buy more licenses. I also have fire tablets on the wall from my DIY days. They aren’t beautiful but they work. This one has been up for two years with no issues. It would be nice to have a camera feed pop up on motion so I’ll likely buy a wall mounted T3 eventually. 

390D52D6-39B7-4664-956A-E6049550BCF3.jpeg

Good point on camera pop ups.  I updated my previous post for other readers.

20 minutes ago, Drake0508 said:

My problem with using these other devices is that I’m out of licenses. Any idea how much additional devices cost?

On the current generation products, licenses are unlimited (if not actually, practically. I.e. at least 50).

Not sure about an older director though. I’ve seem posts about limited licenses but all before my time as a user.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.