C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Sensibo HVAC Controller & Air Purification driver

alanchow

Chowmain - Sensibo HVAC Controller driver

Sensibo makes several products to automate air within your home.

The Sensibo Air & Sensibo Sky makes your existing air conditoner smart and connected! Sensibo is an external device that you pair your remote controlled air conditioner with. Sensibo will work with the majority of infra-red based HVAC systems whether it is a mini split, window AC, ductless, portable, heat pump and even central air conditioners.

The Sensibo Pure is the world's most advanced smart air purifier that will keep you healthy and energized. Sensibo Pure has a built in sensor measuring your indoor air quality providing feedback on good, modern or unhealthy air. It is equipped with specially designed strong HEPA & Carbon filters, removes particles as small as 0.1um and protects against viruses, bacteria, dust, smoke, bad odors.

The Chowmain driver for Sensibo communicates to Sensibo devices via the Sensibo Cloud API. For Air & Sky models it enables full two way control and feedback over room temperature, humidity, setpoints, hvac mode and fan speeds. The driver will even configure itself based on the HVAC system capabilities. For the Pure model it will allow you to control on/off, fan speeds, LED lights and provide you with air quality and filter feedback.

NOTE An active and stable internet connection is required for Sensibo to operate with Control4.

Features

• Sensibo Air & Sensibo Sky

• No static IP address required.

• Automatic configuration of available modes based on HVAC system capabilities.

• Control over

• HVAC mode

• Fan mode

• Setpoint

• Swing

• Feedback from

• Room Temperature

• Humidity

• Preset functionality

• Scheduling functionality

• Sensibo Pure

• No static IP address required.

• Control / Feedback over

• On / Off

• Fan Low / High

• LED Off, Dim, On

• Events for

• Good Air Quality

• Moderate Air Quality

• Unhealthy Air Quality

• Filter needs replacement

• Automatic Email and Push notifications on all events (NOTE: Requires 4sight subscription)

FAQ 

Why is this product exciting? 

Sensibo Air / Sensibo Sky

In Australia and New Zealand (and other countries) HVAC integration has been hard because HVAC companies do not utilise the honeywell based wiring that most smart thermostats like Nest, Control4 and Honeywell use.  Split Systems have been extremely hard as traditionally they only offer IR based remote controls.  In the past we have integrated these systems by learning every combination of IR code however this is extremely time consuming. 

Now with the Sensibo installers can now easily integrate HVAC systems into Control4.  Sensibo is extremely affordable unlike other solutions so the cost of integration is extremely low.  On top of that it communicates via wifi so dealers can now revisit old customers with compatible HVAC systems to upgrade their home automation system and integrate their HVAC systems without additional wiring.

This really changes the HVAC game.

Sensibo Pure

We have had lots of requests for air filtration and also air quality detection over the past few years. The Sensibo Pure is equipped with an indoor air quality sensor and measures your indoor air quality. It has the most advanced filtration technology with a combination of 3 filters. The Pre-Filter will assist with filtering of large dust particles (PM10) which includes Pollen. The HEPA Filter assists with viruses, bacteria, PM2.5 and fine dusty particles. Finally the Carbon Filter will assist with formalehyde, acetone, cooking gas, etc.

With its built in Wifi technology it can be placed anywhere in the home with good wifi signal and with integration to Control4 can not only warn home owners of harmful air but can also work in conjunction with the fans around your home to boost air purification by up to 70%.

What HVAC systems can i use this driver with? 

Sensibo is compatible with a range of infra-red HVAC systems. Please see the Sensibo website to check if the HVAC system you want to integrate is compatible. 

https://sensibo.com/ 

sensibo-support-v2.png?1518390689923
Can i control fan direction with this? 

Yes our driver allows for swing control. This is accessible under the Extras Tab. 

Can i do schedule the HVAC system using this? 

Yes our driver has built in presets and scheduling. 

Where can i purchase this module? 

Sensibo is available from various retailers off the shelf (eg Bing Lee, Harvey Norman, Good Guys, etc) or can be purchased online from OzSmartThings, Amazon or directly via the Sensibo website 

https://sensibo.com/ 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website 

Installation Guide 

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver can be purchased from our distributor driverCentral. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence 

Who do i contact for technical support? 
We have two support desks. One in Australia and one in the US. Click on the link below for details. 
Support 

Do you provide trial licences? 
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. 

Sensibo.gif 

• 3 years later...

• 5 months later...

We have had lots of requests for air filtration and also air quality detection over the past few years and i am proud to announce that today we have released our Sensibo Pure driver for Control4. Sensibo Pure is the world's most advanced smart air purifier that will keep you healthy and energized. Sensibo Pure has a built in sensor measuring your indoor air quality providing feedback on good, modern or unhealthy air. It is equipped with specially designed strong HEPA & Carbon filters, removes particles as small as 0.1um and protects against viruses, bacteria, dust, smoke, bad odors.

The driver is bundled with our existing Sensibo Air / Sky driver for Control4 meaning existing customers don't need to purchase an additional licence

The Sensibo Air / Sky driver makes your existing air conditioner smart and connected! Sensibo Air / Sky is an external device that you pair your remote controlled air conditioner with. Sensibo will work with the majority of infra-red based HVAC systems whether it is a mini split, window AC, ductless, portable, heat pump and even central air conditioners.

The Chowmain driver for Sensibo communicates to Sensibo devices via the Sensibo Cloud API. For Air & Sky models it enables full two way control and feedback over room temperature, humidity, setpoints, hvac mode and fan speeds. The driver will even configure itself based on the HVAC system capabilities. For the Pure model it will allow you to control on/off, fan speeds, LED lights and provide you with air quality and filter feedback.

• alanchow changed the title to Chowmain - Sensibo HVAC Controller & Air Purification driver
  • 3 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 9:41 PM, Jimnaldo said:

Hi, i'm using Sensibo air with the room sensors, but in control4 i don't get the tempature from the room sensors only from the sensibo air itself. Could you please advise?

The driver does not support the Room Sensors.  We'll look at adding this in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just had my dealer download and add this to my system. We are currently on the trial run but I would love for it to work. I aM seeing two issues so far.

1 - It does not allow me to change from Celsius to Farenheit. I click on it to make the change but it will not do it. 

2 - It is not allowing me to turn the unit on or off. It’s just showing me how it it set. When I click nothing happens, which leads me to believe that the scheduling from C4 will not work as well and rather only directly from Sensibo. Is this something that my dealer did wrong or do the drivers need an update?

Thanks,

Adam

19 hours ago, Adamc1303 said:

I just had my dealer download and add this to my system. We are currently on the trial run but I would love for it to work. I aM seeing two issues so far.

1 - It does not allow me to change from Celsius to Farenheit. I click on it to make the change but it will not do it. 

2 - It is not allowing me to turn the unit on or off. It’s just showing me how it it set. When I click nothing happens, which leads me to believe that the scheduling from C4 will not work as well and rather only directly from Sensibo. Is this something that my dealer did wrong or do the drivers need an update?

Thanks,

Adam

Some of your issues I don’t experience, Are u on OS3? I have zero issues with the driver, it’s a solid driver, absolutely behaves like 2-ways driver, even when we use the original remote it reports back to C4, so I advise your to review the integration guide and make sure the steps are fully followed

On 11/1/2022 at 11:51 AM, Adamc1303 said:

Thanks,

Adam

Please get your dealer to contact us for support and we will assist.

https://chowmain.software/for-integrators/technical-support

On 11/2/2022 at 7:33 AM, Adamc1303 said:

Did it work during the free trial period? Does it have limited functionality during the trial period?

The driver does not have any limitations during the 90 day trial.

• 7 months later...

Have been using this driver for my LG units.  Works really well however for some reason some fan speeds are missing on the C4 app that are showing on the Sensibo App

Also the text is a bit poorly formatted on the C4 app

image.thumb.png.6a45403a84c6696a82c0e913eccf0518.pngimage.thumb.png.ca765a5123e8db2e0aa1a5233e9dbfa5.pngimage.jpeg.24b6305768d47b2076a7488db6dc8da7.jpeg

One thing that would be really handy for those of us with the LG units in the bedroom is to have the light on / off function accessible from C4, as there is no way to permanently switch it off and iluminates the room

works great though will be buying more sensibos for my other units

7 hours ago, tonysss13 said:

Have been using this driver for my LG units.  Works really well however for some reason some fan speeds are missing on the C4 app that are showing on the Sensibo App

Also the text is a bit poorly formatted on the C4 app

image.thumb.png.6a45403a84c6696a82c0e913eccf0518.pngimage.thumb.png.ca765a5123e8db2e0aa1a5233e9dbfa5.pngimage.jpeg.24b6305768d47b2076a7488db6dc8da7.jpeg

One thing that would be really handy for those of us with the LG units in the bedroom is to have the light on / off function accessible from C4, as there is no way to permanently switch it off and iluminates the room

works great though will be buying more sensibos for my other units

We automatically import in the HVAC and FAN modes into Control4.  Control4 by default has known HVAC and FAN modes.  When we issue a known mode it will automatically format it and sometimes applies icons to them as well hence why LOW and AUTO convert to Low and Auto.

In regards to light on / off functions this is not part of the API so we have no control over it.

11 hours ago, tonysss13 said:

thanks for clarifying Alan

On the top of the driver there is a "use temperature sensor" option however it's greyed out. is there any way of enabling this as it would be handy to use my main room stats

You cannot feed data into sensibo.  The driver will however pick up data from senisibos own room sensors.  So if you have one set up then the driver will automatically pull the data in. No setup required on control,4.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.