C4 Forums | Control4

AUDIO MATRIX OPTIONS

rf9000

The video storm adds some streaming capabilities, but is quite a bit more $$.

It's a shame you're pairing these with AMP108's.... those are pretty noisy amps compared to the new Triad Pamp8's. You would get EXCEPTIONAL audio quality with the Triad power amps and the Triad 24x24.

knowitall- what do you mean I might as well go Control4? Are you referring to the  Triad 24x24? Is there only two options to do this? I see blueprints of homes that do 24 zones and much more. just seems like there would be more options out there

thegreatheed- Yup if cost was no object that would be great and I would prefer the Triads. But are they not $1700 each new? And I need three

11 minutes ago, rf9000 said:

This will act and would be no different then a Triad 24x24?

Well, I believe there are features that Zektor has that the Triad does not - for example, doorbell input or lip sync delay. But as far as basic matrix capabilities, yes they both function the same.

2 hours ago, rf9000 said:

I'm not doing video distribution. I will probably just have EA1s at 3 to 4 TV locations. Is that what you meant?

EA’s do not distribute video, at most they provide the C4 Navigator UI on the screen or a pop up message at most.  What I mean is if you have 10 TVs in the house (guessing that number given 7000 sq ft and 24 audio zones) - are you going to have 10 cable boxes - 1 per location - or are you going to get 5 cable boxes and centralize and distribute them?  Are you going to get a roku or Apple TV or fire stick per tv or a few and centralize, etc.  

Anyways, if you start doing distributed video and you want nicer set ups audio wise (more than the TV built in speakers) you start encountering lip sync delays as mentioned above with the Zektor unit.  The CMX by Video Storm has the lip sync delay feature, so the video/audio is in sync.  

If all of your video devices are local per tv then lip sync delay is likely not a major need for you.  I know the older C4 audio matrix did not have lip sync delay but not sure about the new Triad Audio Matrix.  Zektor and Video Storm have the delay and if you are using Video Storm for video distribution then its a no brained to use their CMX for Audio too.

Just wondering why your not happy with any of the options listed above? Trying to get the absolute cheapest 24 zones matrix you can possibly find on all of the internet then getting your dealer to install something he has never used before is not a great idea. I hope your looking at the options listed above for more than price, the race to the bottom here is not ideal.

Anyways in the pursuit of trying to save a dollar and rig something up I have just got emailed this product this morning

http://www.keydigital.com/Items.asp?ItemCode=KDMAX8x8&Company=KEY

You can buy 3 of the 8x8 matrixes and stack them together to make a 8x24 output. You need a crap load of rca cables and you have to cascade each zone in and out of each amp. It will also take up more rack space. Key digital products take way longer to set up than a Triad matrix and probably still won't be as good. They come on a static IP and even getting it to DHCP to your network takes some time. But never the less in the pursuit of saving a dollar and trying to guinnea pig something together this is another option. I have never used it before but C4 driver is listed on the website.

Guarantee your dealer will charge 2-3x as much labour to rig up 3 key digital matrixes then to put something ideal like triad in there and be done with it.

The mav works well. does sometime require a reset and the initial wiring is a pain in the ass with the phoneix connectors. and I concur with sonic its a giant piece I think 6U in a rack if not more. Ive worked with a MAV 48x32 in combo with a Xtp xpoint hdmi matrix and they are solid overall for a large install

EXtron makes solid gear marketed more towards the commercial environments.  Hence why there are Phoenix connectors for the connections.  They allow to use mic or line level based signals. 

You should only be looking at the products already mentioned above.  Those are the only ones that are available and tested in many installations of that size. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.