C4 Forums | Control4

Dealer tiers

Nickh

I'm not, I am trying to figure out who I want to deal with. I bought a new house with C4 installed, and the default would be for me to use the company that installed it, but I want to do my own evaluation, so wanted to know the difference.

1 hour ago, Nickh said:

I'm not, I am trying to figure out who I want to deal with. I bought a new house with C4 installed, and the default would be for me to use the company that installed it, but I want to do my own evaluation, so wanted to know the difference.

You could contact several of them to make separate site visits.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to start with the original dealer.  I also provide remote services if you need changes or device configuration to suit your needs.  Sometimes local dealers don't want to deal with take over projects unless there's an opportunity to generate a little bit of revenue.  A site visit is still the best option right now and should be free

Thanks guys, I was trying to find out what drove the tier, as I said, for Cisco they have to have certain certified engineer competencies to get different levels, as well as the sales. 

The I have spoken to the dealer that installed the system. 

I feel like things are being over egged to me at the moment, and having not started this myself as a greenfield project, I haven’t done any research into who I want to work with. 

I feel like simple things that could/can be done remotely are being scoped to make them require a site visit and the charging of a high hourly rate. 

Use a remote guy. there are a handful on this site. My experience is that they make the local guys look like amateurs because they have a much wider band of experience. They do it at about anywhere from 1/2 to 1/10th the cost. I had "programming" estimated at $8,000 for initial project build and no custom programming. Just basically installing drivers for equipment I had etc. Remote guy did it for $450, it took us a grand total of like 8 hours. 3 years later everything still working perfectly

Apart from net purchases per year there are also other requirements for achieving those levels.  The biggest point being trained staff.

Authorised - 1 PCNA/1 APC

Gold - 1 PCNA / 2 APC

Plantinum - 1 PCNA / 3 APC

Diamond - 1 PCNA / 4 APC

On 3/14/2018 at 4:27 PM, blackfiveo1 said:

Use a remote guy. there are a handful on this site. My experience is that they make the local guys look like amateurs because they have a much wider band of experience. They do it at about anywhere from 1/2 to 1/10th the cost. I had "programming" estimated at $8,000 for initial project build and no custom programming. Just basically installing drivers for equipment I had etc. Remote guy did it for $450, it took us a grand total of like 8 hours. 3 years later everything still working perfectly

8k for programming, I must be doing this all wrong.  

Dealer status (gold etc....) doesn't necessarily correlate with service quality /overall quality of work a dealer is doing - that I can tell you after 9 years with Control4.

The more "custom",or on other words the more stuff you want with 3rd party drivers and non standard/out of the box setups, the more u need an on-site visit and a quote from each

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.