C4 Forums | Control4

Control commands not working property for Netflix using a new AppleTV

The play, pause and stop commands are not working for Netflix when I watch it using the new generation AppleTV. I try the new and old driver and I have the same results with both. Any idea or solution for this? I’m using  the IR driver. 

Thanks 

You need to either learn in new commands for those commands or use the driver created by Jesse smith. If you are a dealer, the driver is available in the dealer forums. It is a great driver with additional commands to go directly to home screen and to mark the icons shake (mimicking press and hold of select button)

15 hours ago, Home Theater Advisors said:

You need to either learn in new commands for those commands or use the driver created by Jesse smith. If you are a dealer, the driver is available in the dealer forums. It is a great driver with additional commands to go directly to home screen and to mark the icons shake (mimicking press and hold of select button)

Do you happen to have a link to the driver. I have been looking for it on the C4 forum but I cannot find it. Any help will be really appreciated. 

Thanks 

The IP driver works great, even on wifi. Just DHCP reserve the IP address and your set. Why bother using the ir driver at all?

Really like the added functionality of pressing 5 for 50%, 3 for 30%, ive gotten so used to scrolling through a movie like that the IR driver just wouldn't ever cut it. Its also much slower in responce time than the IP driver in my experience.

On 4/9/2018 at 8:15 PM, Home Theater Advisors said:

Is this an IP driver? Or is it IR? 

The IP driver works great, even on wifi. Just DHCP reserve the IP address and your set. Why bother using the ir driver at all?
Really like the added functionality of pressing 5 for 50%, 3 for 30%, ive gotten so used to scrolling through a movie like that the IR driver just wouldn't ever cut it. Its also much slower in responce time than the IP driver in my experience.

Because with hundreds of installs out there, and no confirmation that the driver is using a public, stable API, I can’t take the risk that Apple changes something that breaks the driver and I’ve got hundreds of angry clients all on the same day.

8 hours ago, Home Theater Advisors said:

Because with hundreds of installs out there, and no confirmation that the driver is using a public, stable API, I can’t take the risk that Apple changes something that breaks the driver and I’ve got hundreds of angry clients all on the same day.

API is stable, public or not is of no concern (as in don't care if it's public or developer only) - it uses airplay pairing which is Apple Supported.

Apple will change what they want, when they want - but that goes as much if not more so for their IR codes as it does for airplay control.

API is stable, public or not is of no concern (as in don't care if it's public or developer only) - it uses airplay pairing which is Apple Supported.
Apple will change what they want, when they want - but that goes as much if not more so for their IR codes as it does for airplay control.

Sorry wrong choice of words - guess I meant PUBLISHED not PUBLIC - ie, not a back door like Sonos was. Would need to hear from C4 developers that it ain’t breaking. Otherwise, I’m not using it. From my limited non-developer knowledge and my experience, I would think IR will always work - they can’t send out new remotes to everyone who’s ever bought an appletv.

13 hours ago, Home Theater Advisors said:

From my limited non-developer knowledge and my experience, I would think IR will always work - they can’t send out new remotes to everyone who’s ever bought an appletv.

Unfortunately, IR still has problems as well, at least for ATV.  Some apps, the play/pause and other controls don't work.

No matter what control method you use, it can still be "updated" and protocols can change.  No product is immune to that.  Granted, most if not all, manufacturers certainly wouldn't waste the time or money to do this.

But, we are talking about Apple here and they have done plenty of bonehead moves in recent times.

37 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Unfortunately, IR still has problems as well, at least for ATV.  Some apps, the play/pause and other controls don't work.

Weird, I've had that issue with the IP driver not working on certain apps, which was one reason I went back to IR at home, but the IR from Jesse Smith has always worked (watch, now that I said that I'm going to get a call that that buttons aren't working on some obscure app)

My dealer put both in our project.  We use the IP driver, but I noticed an IR bud on the ATV during install and asked about it.  He said he always does that, in case the IP driver ever fails.

We have both drivers in our project, and the IR driver just sits there and doesn't do anything (the IR bud is plugged into an output on the controller, and I'm pretty sure the appropriate connections are made in composer for that). 

If ever the IP driver fails, he would just have to remote in and change HDMI input connection on the matrix from the IP driver to the IR driver, and we would be back in business (pending a quick update to the navigators).

Never had a problem with the IP driver, though.

1 hour ago, Dr. Venkman said:

We have both drivers in our project, and the IR driver just sits there and doesn't do anything (the IR bud is plugged into an output on the controller, and I'm pretty sure the appropriate connections are made in composer for that). 

We do this, although the reason to put it in s to allow easier setup (vs walking back and forth) - then we just leave it in.

Archived