C4 Forums | Control4

Got an estimate for my system upgrade, where can I trim the fat?

2 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

Still in the process of getting quotes - waiting on my original installer to come back with a quote (they walked through more than 2 weeks ago).

Are all of your quotes for the same components or are you asking dealers for their recommended list?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it takes them that long to get you a quote, clearly they aren't in need of your business...imagine how long it will take them to actually DO the project, and how responsive their support will be once you've paid them in full.  Skip.

19 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

If it takes them that long to get you a quote, clearly they aren't in need of your business...imagine how long it will take them to actually DO the project, and how responsive their support will be once you've paid them in full.  Skip.

spot on!

52 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Yup, these were my original installers.  There's a reason I stopped using them after 3 or so years of torture.  I guess calling them back again was a momentary lapse of reason....

17 hours ago, Pounce said:

Will you be going with the least expensive or is price point an important factor? What's stood out for you in this experience that made you interested in one dealer over the other?

Unfortunately, only one dealer came out and gave a quote and the second dealer (my original installer) has yet to come back with a quote.

nothing wrong with giving a guy a second chance.  Sounds like the Leopard can't change its spots.  Clearly not worthy of your business.

Unfortunately this is an all too common occurrence.  I have called Several in the Denver area over the years and rarely do I even get a call back.  Its unfortunate, as it sounds like you could really use a solid dealer.

39 minutes ago, Adidaswood said:

nothing wrong with giving a guy a second chance.  Sounds like the Leopard can't change its spots.  Clearly not worthy of your business.

Unfortunately this is an all too common occurrence.  I have called Several in the Denver area over the years and rarely do I even get a call back.  Its unfortunate, as it sounds like you could really use a solid dealer.

The thing that bothers me a lot is how these dealers get all these "awards" from Control4 which must clearly be based on how much equipment they sell/installations they do and NOT based on after the installation customer service.  It's misleading to people who see that a particular dealer is a "platinum" or "diamond" or "pinnacle" dealer and then ends up not getting good customer service after the installation.

16 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

The thing that bothers me a lot is how these dealers get all these "awards" from Control4 which must clearly be based on how much equipment they sell/installations they do and NOT based on after the installation customer service.  It's misleading to people who see that a particular dealer is a "platinum" or "diamond" or "pinnacle" dealer and then ends up not getting good customer service after the installation.

Yup, sheep in wolves clothing.

I've expressed similar sentiments since this whole "status level" thing started.

Archived