C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa - more than lights and stats?? 

1 hour ago, dcovach said:

I would LOVE if the Light Usage Agent worked with Gen 3.

Me too.  My upstairs lights always show as 'on'...

It's a real cobbler's children have no shoes situation.

:)

RyanE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this is the same issue as im having but some lights on the C4 app appear to be on when they're not. When o try to switch the toggle to off in the app it goes back to on ina couple of seconds. Its really annoying. 🙄

Has anyone else checked their customer account on Control4 and had the Alexa link in the Automation area disappear? I was trying to do this upgrade and the C4 Alexa area just disappeared on me. Update sounds great and looking forward to adding. 

31 minutes ago, rea said:

Has anyone else checked their customer account on Control4 and had the Alexa link in the Automation area disappear? I was trying to do this upgrade and the C4 Alexa area just disappeared on me. Update sounds great and looking forward to adding. 

No.  The new functionality is automatically added, nothing to update.

7 minutes ago, CFUG said:

No.  The new functionality is automatically added, nothing to update.

I just figured out the solution. I disabled and re-enabled the skill on my Alexa app. The Alexa link showed back up on the customer portal after doing that. 

What is the new Alexa feature set/funcionality or where can I find the info online? I looked at the linked doc and that looked like just a set-up guide. I also checked my user account but don't see an explanation there either.

Auto-adding the voice scenes driver is super cool but I already had that done a while back. 😊 Interested to know if there's more to it. Thanks!

50 minutes ago, mestes said:

What is the new Alexa feature set/funcionality or where can I find the info online? I looked at the linked doc and that looked like just a set-up guide. I also checked my user account but don't see an explanation there either.

Auto-adding the voice scenes driver is super cool but I already had that done a while back. 😊 Interested to know if there's more to it. Thanks!

There's an updated FAQ here: https://www.control4.com/docs/product/alexa/frequently-asked-questions/english/latest/alexa-frequently-asked-questions-rev-e.pdf

I think the major additions are locks, fans, transport controls, and video device selection.

It also includes video device control.  i.e. Transport controls, etc.

And more importantly to some people, it's available in more countries than just US and Canada: US, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, New Zealand, and Australia.

RyanE

yes.... I have mine programmed to do TVs and all sorts of things.... haven't gotten th volume to work well.... almost blew my receiver and amps up....as the damn thing continued to only go up after I did a test of the volume. had to unplug the amp and receiver.... 

1 hour ago, C4Jedi said:

what voice scene driver? where is that found at?

If you have 'upgraded' your Alexa setup to V3 (by using your customer.control4.com account, Alexa page), when you discover devices, the 'Voice Scenes' driver will be automatically added to your project.

RyanE

Archived