C4 Forums | Control4

C4 announcements thropugh sonos speakers

georgetv

• 2 months later...

Will this work with active and WiFi connected sonos speakers, eg sound bars and play one? Or do they need to be connected back to an amp in rack and then connected to my EA3?

Also, does anyone know if any other WiFi or Bluetooth speakers will accept C4 announcements for the Chime? Or is it only Sonos? I was considering fitting a couple of Lithe Audio Bluetooth active ceiling speakers and would love to push a notification to them!

Cheers 

11 hours ago, net_tech said:

Is playing an announcements on SONOS Playbar not supported?

It is not, in the documentation it list the devices that are supported.  Only newer sonos devices (Beam, Amp2, Port2, Arc). I think maybe the newer play5 is also supported...I don't have one to test. 

• 4 months later...

I have 2 C4 projects at different locations. I am able to see my Sonos speakers at one location via the Device Specific Command, but not at another location, where I get a "no supported players found" message. See the attachments. Both systems are updated to 3.2.4. Using the 99 driver versions for both the Sonos Network and Individual speakers. I have identical speakers at both locations with Firmware at S1 or S2 levels. I tried to reload the drivers assuming there was some corruption, but to no avail. Any recommendations on how to troubleshoot this ? One project uses an EA3 and the other an EA5 controller. 

Sonos network does not recognize speakers.pdf Sonos Network recognizes Speakers.pdf

21 hours ago, MscMan said:

I have 2 C4 projects at different locations. I am able to see my Sonos speakers at one location via the Device Specific Command, but not at another location, where I get a "no supported players found" message. See the attachments. Both systems are updated to 3.2.4. Using the 99 driver versions for both the Sonos Network and Individual speakers. I have identical speakers at both locations with Firmware at S1 or S2 levels. I tried to reload the drivers assuming there was some corruption, but to no avail. Any recommendations on how to troubleshoot this ? One project uses an EA3 and the other an EA5 controller. 

Sonos network does not recognize speakers.pdf 99.61 kB · 3 downloads Sonos Network recognizes Speakers.pdf 189.75 kB · 3 downloads

Are they both on S2 version of Sonos.  

The pick list requires that sonos can be found via ssdp.  When you are in composer do you see the speakers listed under the Discovered Tab?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, DLite said:

Hi @Gary Leeds UK :

I managed to get the new announcements code working after some wrestling.  Here were my steps:

1. Upload an mp3 file of the announcements to the Controller.  I first created a new (dummy) item in the C4 announcements agent, and then clicked "add" to add the mp3 file.  The new file then showed up as an option in the announcements agent.

2. In the Sonos Network driver, choose "Play Audio Clip" and then the Sonos Room.  You can then put in whatever dummy name you like in the name field.  Finally, I inserted a URL to the filename on the controller.  This is of the form, http://[Controller IP address]/announcements/[File name].  So, for instance, if your C4 controller is at 192.168.0.20, and the file name is Gary's awesome announcement.mp3, you would enter the following URL, http://192.168.0.20/announcements/Gary's awesome announcement.mp3.  (I am not sure if the file name is case-sensitive, but I was careful to match the case showing up in the file name list within the announcements agent in case it matters.)

Finally, my queue will no longer be junked up every time I call an announcement from the favorites list.  I am so happy! 

Let me know if this helps you.

Legend, Glad I searched here! all working for me 😁

• 1 year later...

Has anyone had any issues with this no longer working? I had this all up and running but for some reason it has stopped and I can't figure it out. When I had music on the other day  the music seemed to stop when the doorbell went but no sound was played. I have checked the file and its still there...

Thanks

16 minutes ago, J to the D said:

Has anyone had any issues with this no longer working? I had this all up and running but for some reason it has stopped and I can't figure it out. When I had music on the other day  the music seemed to stop when the doorbell went but no sound was played. I have checked the file and its still there...

Thanks

I use mine for doorbell, and alarm notifications.  Have you tried manually executing the programming from Composer (If you have it)?  The announcements point to the local IP of the controller, make sure that hasn't changed.

10 hours ago, neil12011 said:

I use mine for doorbell, and alarm notifications.  Have you tried manually executing the programming from Composer (If you have it)?  The announcements point to the local IP of the controller, make sure that hasn't changed.

Yeh I tried to manually execute it and it just wouldn't work. I have since renamed the audio file and added it back into announcements which seems to be working. Very strange but at least it's working.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.