C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify Connect playlist shuffle

johnpg

I've been experimenting a bit with Spotify Connect playlists and I'm really happy with this solution. One issue though is when starting a playlist (via the navigator or via programming) it always starts with the same song order, even if it was saved in shuffle mode. I've worked around this in programming by turning shuffle off, pausing, turning it back on, pausing and then skipping to the next track. But it's really inelegant. Is there a better solution for this that I'm missing?

Thanks!

John

i have this issue with spotify and I used to have it with rhapsody.  I bet you can find my old thread wondering about this from like 2 years ago.  

I think it is an issue with Control4 and how/when it does the randomization.  It is crazy annoying to me that we have to do this extra nonsense to make it "shuffle".

you can do it in a few less steps, but its how spotify works not control4.

step 1 turn on playlist in said room

step 2 use digital media driver to turn on shuffle in said room

step 3 delay (800ms but you might try playing with this*)

step 4 skip track

* If you have too short of a delay it won't skip track as it hasn't fully loaded, if you have too long of a delay you hear a blip of the first track you don't want to hear.

• 4 years later...
21 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Digital media 

Thank You.

1) What is the difference between "Room Setting & Current Media" and "Room Setting Only" (see attached picture).

2) I still don't see the option for programming "next track".  What am I missing?

Digital Media Action.jpg

I don't remember when it happened, but at some point Control4 started saving the shuffle setting with the playlist. So I was able to remove all of the workarounds. Now the playlists shuffle by default. Make sure shuffle is on when you save the playlist, and it should be enabled (and cause a reshuffle) the next time you start it. 

• 6 months later...
On 4/1/2023 at 1:47 PM, johnpg said:

I don't remember when it happened, but at some point Control4 started saving the shuffle setting with the playlist. So I was able to remove all of the workarounds. Now the playlists shuffle by default. Make sure shuffle is on when you save the playlist, and it should be enabled (and cause a reshuffle) the next time you start it. 

For the longest time saving the playlist with shuffle enabled worked perfectly for me but sometime over the last few months this stopped working. I’ve tried re-adding the playlist and reinstalling the Spotify connect driver. I’m not sure what to try next. Any thoughts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.