C4 Forums | Control4

Blue Iris issue

ee999

I am on 2.9.1 with an HC-800 using the blue iris software for my NVR. when I view my cameras on the control4 touchscreens everything is fine, however, when I view them on the contro4 app on my iPhone the cameras only show a static image. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a similar issue that I couldn’t ever figure out. Same as you, works on in wall touchscreens, tabletop, and tv navigator. But open on my iOS c4 app, I get a spinning wheel or just static image. Doesn’t make any sense. It used to work fine until last year or so. Only thing haven’t tried is to update blue iris. Can’t believe other people haven’t experienced this.

I believe you can create a separate profile in BI for just C4 resolutions.  That way nothing else gets degraded. 

That would be great. Does anyone have a tip/direction on where to setup within BI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t see how that matters. C4 is displaying the streams just fine on everything but my phone or iPad. The problem seems to be iOS. Does iOS c4 app not display the same alternate low resolution stream from the camera that the others c4 devices do?

4 minutes ago, me23 said:

Don’t see how that matters. C4 is displaying the streams just fine on everything but my phone or iPad. The problem seems to be iOS. Does iOS c4 app not display the same alternate low resolution stream from the camera that the others c4 devices do?

the iOS uses H264 - what are your other devices? Versions Matter.  Anything that is older then a T3 or EA navigator uses MJPEG not H264

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 8:43 PM, me23 said:

T3 touchscreens, last generation touchscreens, t3 tabletop, hc250 navigator. Works on all of them. Not on my iOS devices. The thing is it that it used to work on them as well

From what MSGreenf said seems your using a HC250 not an EA so it is defaulting to MJPEG not H264 which is what iOS wants. Could be why it's different. 

13 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Bill

You would have 13 instances of the blue Iris driver. Just like adding anything else.

Happy to help if needed

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Help me understand why I would even want this in Control 4.

Blue Iris does a great job and I can easily see it quickly on my phone.  Putting it into Control 4 will mean that I could see it on my televisions but I would have to leave them on all the time correct? Otherwise I have to wait for the turn on time etc?

What do you like about having your cameras in Control 4?

Bill

12 hours ago, msgreenf said:

You are pretty much right. The main reason I like it is to have it auto pop-up on t3 when my doorbell defects motion

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I would like that. You got info how to do that. I used to have a pdf that showed something similar but I can’t find it. 

3 hours ago, me23 said:

I would like that. You got info how to do that. I used to have a pdf that showed something similar but I can’t find it. 

i would recommend connecting with a dealer. but basically, 3 steps:

1) setup camera in control4

2) INstall the agent (forget the name now)

3) program on motion - have the agent trigger video to turn on

4 hours ago, me23 said:

You need an EA series controller and output the hdmi video out to a TV in order to use the Navigation agent for programming camera jumps (or pop ups).  If you have T3's, you can program cameras to pop up on there too.

Once a dealer sets up the blue iris drivers with control4, you can do the rest yourself.   Add the Navigation agent with Composer HE and do the programming as you wish.  I also find it handy to voice control a camera to pop up when not using motion sensing on the camera.

I've also seen a demo of cameras constantly cycling on a T3 touch screen but I haven't tried implementing that programming myself.

Yeah I know how to do the regular programming ie t3 showing certain cameras when DS2 pushed, navigator popping up on tv, etc.  I was just curious about the motion trigger with the camera through blue iris. Isn’t there a way to mask off an area in blue iris for motion and trigger off that. 

I'm pretty sure neither the free blue iris control4 driver or the paid one (at Houselogix) have motion triggers.  I remember it being mentioned in one of these driver docs that it may be supported in the future but I haven't seen it yet.  You can try using chowmain's tcp ip driver in combination with ryan e's web events driver to get motion triggers in Control4.  I'm pretty sure I saw this mentioned in the docs of the houselogix version of the blue iris driver.

• 1 year later...

... it's old thread - but I faced issue with blueiris myself recently (free driver) - it works just fine on any android based device - and does not on iphone/ipad (OS 3). Turns out that solution is very simple - all you need to do is 'patch' driver.xml file and update driver on controller. 

remove "H264, H264I" from capabilities section - and any IOS application will be happy - android will continue to work is it should too.

<capabilities>
        <modes>SNAPSHOT, MJPEG, H264, H264I</modes>

On 8/11/2020 at 12:26 PM, mikemik said:

... it's old thread - but I faced issue with blueiris myself recently (free driver) - it works just fine on any android based device - and does not on iphone/ipad (OS 3). Turns out that solution is very simple - all you need to do is 'patch' driver.xml file and update driver on controller. 

remove "H264, H264I" from capabilities section - and any IOS application will be happy - android will continue to work is it should too.

<capabilities>
        <modes>SNAPSHOT, MJPEG, H264, H264I</modes>

Thanks for the tip!  This resolved my issues with viewing cams in the iOS app. Can now create a cam based on a group to view multiple streams at once.   

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.