C4 Forums | Control4

The setup connections are given below.

• EA-5 HDMI Output -> Denon Receiver HDMI Input (CBL/SAT)
  •  Apple TV HDMI Output -> Denon Receiver HDMI Input (DVD)
  • Denon Receiver HDMI Output -> Samsung One Connect HDMI Input 3
  • All devices are connected to the same network via a switch

1) Issue 1

I'm using a 4K Apple TV and i used the Apple TV (Gen 4 and 4K) [IP] driver in my project. I followed the documentation provided under Apple Bridge and managed to enable Apple TV in control4 mobile app. I was able to control Apple TV using the control4 remote. But when i restarted Apple TV i lost the control of Apple TV using control4 remote. Then I deleted the system in my mobile app and recreated the system with my login details and was able to get control of it making sure the Apple TV selector is selected under driver properties. 

Is there a way to continuously keep the control4 remote connected to control Apple TV?

2) Issue 2

I can't get the sound output from Apple TV via the TV speakers. Hope the audio signal travels along the HDMI connection from Apple TV to the Denon Receiver and from there to the TV (Samsung One Connect)

Please someone help...

Thank You.

1. There have been quite a few people reporting issues with the new Apple TV 4K driver losing its connection. For now I would personally recommend using the excellent IR driver created by Jesse Smith from Wyred AV.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwn3zp5m3bm61fq/Apple_TV_V4_EA.c4z?dl=0

2. This is standard behaviour for most AVRs. Any HDMI sources fed into the AVR it is assume you will want to listed to that source via the speakers connected to the AVR and not the TV’s own crappy speakers. The AVR will strip out the audio from the HDMI signal and pass only the video to the display connected to its HDMI output. 

Is there a reason you want to listen to Apple TV via TV’s own speakers?

Hi @Crustyloafer

1) Thank You so much for replying. I did some experiments and realized that the remote gets disconnected when the Apple TV is restarted or if the power cable is disconnected. Once Apple restarts the AirPlay note will appear and when the 'guide' button of control4 remote is pressed, the control4 remote gets connected. So now it works.

2) I changed the options in the receiver and managed to get the audio output working. The reason to get the audio out of speakers is because the TV audio out is connected to a sound bar which provides excellent quality sound. The only issue now I'm facing is that I cant control the volume of the sound bar using the control4 remote. 

Thank You !

5 minutes ago, Crustyloafer said:

1. Glad to hear it.

2. Where are the speakers that are connected to the AVR, are they in a different room to the TV with the soundbar? 

Hi @Crustyloafer

For the moment, I have not connected speakers to the AVR. I'm using a 8-Zone Audio Matrix Switch with a 8-Zone Power Amplifier for Audio purposes. For the moment I'm not using the AVR Speaker outputs. I guess i can connect the optical audio output (TV)  of receiver to the Sound bar directly ? Then I'll be able to control the volume of the sound bar ?

Thank You.

1 minute ago, Crustyloafer said:

Are you just using the AVR as a HDMI switch then?

What soundbar is it and how are you planning to control it?

Hi @Crustyloafer

Yes, for the moment I'm using it as a HDMI switch. Still I have not planned the way of controlling the Soundbar. Can You please suggest ideas of controlling it?

Thank You.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having a similar problem where all of a sudden, my Apple TV 4K is getting disconnected from my C4 system.  I can sometimes get it working again by restarting the Apple TV from the System menu, but many times even that doesn't do the trick  The Apple TV app on the iPhone always works fine.  When it works with C4 it seems to work for the entire movies, etc. But when I come back to the system either later in the day or the next morning, it not longer connects and works.

My dealer set me up with the official Apple TV driver a few months ago, and it has been working fine for many months, so something has changed recently and I'm not sure what. Possibly an Apple TV update?  This problem just started a few days ago.  I have not tried rebooting my EA3 controller yet, maybe I should try that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dino

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.