C4 Forums | Control4

OS3 app on kindle fire

On 10/5/2019 at 1:44 PM, msgreenf said:

pretty much nothing slick about a kindle fire...you will see...

Just an update, the same Kindle is operating just fine. Has been plugged in since install. I keep screen on 24/7. As stated earlier I don't use intercom or any of the $1500 screen features, just as an access point to my C4 system. 

• 3 months later...

8 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Anyone know if you can still load the C4 OS3 app on the Amazon Fire Tablet?  This seems to be a cheap way to get a Nav as these devices are rather inexpensive.

As far as I know it is ... could check my kids' tabltes once I get home if I remember to do so.

Worst case you could still side-load google app store and load from there I suppose.

• 6 months later...
On 7/2/2019 at 10:48 AM, JoelC said:

@lbf It appears the Samsung galaxy tab e lite runs Android 4.4 (Kitkat). Control4 only supports Android Lollipop 5.1 (API 22) and higher for the mobile app.

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I have an older Android tablet laying around that is running Lollipop 5.1 and Play Store says OS3 app isn't compatible with this device?  I also couldn't side load the .apk...  Any suggestions?

11 minutes ago, kossick said:

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I have an older Android tablet laying around that is running Lollipop 5.1 and Play Store says OS3 app isn't compatible with this device?  I also couldn't side load the .apk...  Any suggestions?

Yes get a new device. 

Hi @kossick

The Control4 Android Mobile team regularly increases the minimum supported OS level. As of this writing, the Control4 OS 3 app is currently set to min. Android version of Marshmallow 6.0 (API 23). You can see the current minimum version by going to the app's Google Play link and looking under the Additional Info - Requires Android sections.

Joel Connett
Director of Engineering
Snap One

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.