C4 Forums | Control4

Bath Fan programming

Looking to the best way to automate bathroom fans.  I did some programming when they turned the light on the fan turns on and then when the light went off I delayed the 5 minutes and then the fan shuts off.  What if they don't turn off the light at all but just walk out?   Whats the best way to do this delayed shut off so they don't have fans running all the time?

If you have the occupancy sensor with Humidity option you can check the Humidity when someone comes into the room.
Check the status of the Light / Fan.
Check the occupancy of the room.
Check humidity when the value changes setting a threshold as you trigger for on verses off.
You can use occupancy Plus humidity value to decidewhen to turn the fan on / off.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

After X time turn the light off, and have the fan turn off then. If they turn off the light by pushing the button and the fan is on, wait 5 minutes then turn off the fan.

Seems pretty straightforward and doesn't require buying a $200 (!) motion sensor with humidity sensor.

Looking to the best way to automate bathroom fans.  I did some programming when they turned the light on the fan turns on and then when the light went off I delayed the 5 minutes and then the fan shuts off.  What if they don't turn off the light at all but just walk out?   Whats the best way to do this delayed shut off so they don't have fans running all the time?

Look for Extraction Fan experience button. It also works as a timer.

Very true. However... It depends on what you want to achieve. By putting an arbitrary timer you run the risk of prematurely shutting the fan off before it has properly vented the bathroom. Or... In some cases, like in my home, someone is showering during the day and doesn't put the fan on. But like you said, it saves you 200.00 but you loose functionality.

My last post got tide to the wrong response.

I would like to investigate the experience button. It sounds easier

Mine are set to run for 15 min (or 20min - cant remember) when they are manually switched on. Works perfectly fine for my needs.

7 hours ago, Control-IT said:

The Auto off will override any programming?  

Not necessarily override programming but if you have programming turning on the fan then yes it will still come on but will always turn off if you select the auto off feature setting in the driver 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.