C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Ultimate Hikvision Driver for Control4!

alanchow

On 11/1/2023 at 10:45 PM, alanchow said:

DRIVER REWRITE

Chowmain launches new Hikvision driver suite for Control4. Beginning with O.S. 3.4.0, camera drivers have the ability to distribute audio to devices running Navigator. Our newly written Hikvision IP camera driver implements this for cameras with microphones.

Hi @alanchow does the current driver auto update to this new driver. Is it for both the NVR and IP cameras?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/3/2024 at 6:39 AM, djheijs said:

Looks like a new firmware, Firmware_V2.2.76_240204, for KS-KD8003-IME1(B) has been released.

Will this firmware be making the B version compatible with the Chowmain driver?

Due to chip shortages over COVID they had to re-engineer the doorstations to use a different chipset.

Hikvision is still working on their custom firmware for the new revision doorstations.

7 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

Would like to know as well?

The driver will work for all PTZ cameras for Hikvision regardless of model.

• 1 month later...

Hi Alan, I have a 32 channel Luma NVR system that displays all cameras on all my tv’s via C4. I now purchased a new 32 channel Hikvision NVR for another house, and want to have all the cameras on all the tv’s using C4 as at that location. Will this driver still work in allowing C4 remote functionality of the Hikvision NVR, just like the LUMA, or is the driver no longer functioning? I heard there may be now be a problem using other NVR’s to display on tv’s through C4. Thanks for your help!

3 hours ago, C4Enthusiast said:

Hi Alan, I have a 32 channel Luma NVR system that displays all cameras on all my tv’s via C4. I now purchased a new 32 channel Hikvision NVR for another house, and want to have all the cameras on all the tv’s using C4 as at that location. Will this driver still work in allowing C4 remote functionality of the Hikvision NVR, just like the LUMA, or is the driver no longer functioning? I heard there may be now be a problem using other NVR’s to display on tv’s through C4. Thanks for your help!

Depends on the NVR.  Hikvision did build a custom firmware for models a few years ago that allowed us to provide onscreen navigation of the HDMI output on the NVR.  They did discontinue the firmware though so current models are not supported.

Having said that it is just the HDMI output navigation that is effected.  The driver will still provide integration of attached cameras on all NVRs into Control4 for live view, ptz, smart events and more.  Works on all firmwares.