C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung Frame TV 2019 model

jfh

Anyone know if the 2020 version will be available in anything other than the 75” model.  It apparently adds Art Mode 3.0 (whatever that is) and brings back support for Ambient mode (which was on the earlier Frame models but not in the 2019 models).

I am waffling on a 55” model because (a) hate to buy 2019 model now if there is a 2020 in a month or so and (b) of all the issues I’m reading in the Samsung forums about how difficult it is to add your own art/pictures with the SmartView ap (especially the iOS version).  This will be a frame first and a TV second.

Can current owners speak to ease of uploading their own content and how well the Art mode function lives up to the marketing hype?

• 1 year later...

Just thought I’d drop my 2 cents on this old thread as I keep reading post after post about making these Frame TV’s work in bedrooms using some kind of schedule based programming.

In our two homes we have Frame TV’s in our primary bedroom and we love them. No complicated schedule based programming is needed to make the TV turn off at night. We use the Frame TV’s built-in motion and ambient light detection features. When we’re awake and the lights are on in the room, e.g. reading a book at night, the TV displays its Art mode and it looks beautiful. When we turn the lights off, and we’re tucked into bed not moving around the room, then the TV turns off automatically. No programming needed.

You can adjust the ambient light and motion sensors using the Art Mode settings, and we’ve never accidentally triggered the sensors getting up to use the washroom at night. We set the motion sensor to low to prevent accidental triggers. And we’ve never had it not turn off once the lights are off. It usually takes just 2-3 minutes for the sensor to switch the TV off. So this works great for us.

Benefit of not doing this programatically? It works under every condition. Taking a nap during the day? TV will power off when you turn the lights off and lay on your bed. Throwing a party till the wee hours of the night and want your art displayed? Great, it’ll keep showing until the party’s dead and everyone is passed out with the lights off.

Anyways, might not work for everyone, but maybe someone will find these features handy. We sure do. Cheers ya’ll!

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2021 at 4:48 PM, jimbones said:

Just thought I’d drop my 2 cents on this old thread as I keep reading post after post about making these Frame TV’s work in bedrooms using some kind of schedule based programming.

In our two homes we have Frame TV’s in our primary bedroom and we love them. No complicated schedule based programming is needed to make the TV turn off at night. We use the Frame TV’s built-in motion and ambient light detection features. When we’re awake and the lights are on in the room, e.g. reading a book at night, the TV displays its Art mode and it looks beautiful. When we turn the lights off, and we’re tucked into bed not moving around the room, then the TV turns off automatically. No programming needed.

You can adjust the ambient light and motion sensors using the Art Mode settings, and we’ve never accidentally triggered the sensors getting up to use the washroom at night. We set the motion sensor to low to prevent accidental triggers. And we’ve never had it not turn off once the lights are off. It usually takes just 2-3 minutes for the sensor to switch the TV off. So this works great for us.

Benefit of not doing this programatically? It works under every condition. Taking a nap during the day? TV will power off when you turn the lights off and lay on your bed. Throwing a party till the wee hours of the night and want your art displayed? Great, it’ll keep showing until the party’s dead and everyone is passed out with the lights off.

Anyways, might not work for everyone, but maybe someone will find these features handy. We sure do. Cheers ya’ll!

Which "Power Off" mode do you use?  "Art Mode," "Art Mode (No app)", or "Power Off?

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.