C4 Forums | Control4

SONOFF - The $5 Smart Switch gets a proper C4 driver (no MQTT, no Cloud)

2 minutes ago, david@berto.co.uk said:

Agree on Sonoff and most cheap kit from China.

Shelly recently started producing their 2.5 unit with UL certification and have still maintained a relatively cheap price at under €20. 

Hopefully they'll do the same with the rest of their devices.

I've found them to be very reliable.

I've also done a driver for Shelly that support almost all the product lineup, it is in test right now and should be releasing in a few days,.

Anyone know of a wifi relay like this (with a C4 driver) that can handle low voltage stuff ?  I tend to use Z2IO for things like outdoor low voltage lights, but I could use something like a Sonoff to automate the lights in a cooker hood (these tend to get left on in our house) if it could handle 12v.

There's probably quite a few low voltage applications, including fireplaces.

2 minutes ago, OceanDad said:

Anyone know of a wifi relay like this (with a C4 driver) that can handle low voltage stuff ?  I tend to use Z2IO for things like outdoor low voltage lights, but I could use something like a Sonoff to automate the lights in a cooker hood (these tend to get left on in our house) if it could handle 12v.

There's probably quite a few low voltage applications, including fireplaces.

Shelly Relays can work on 24-60v DC

32 minutes ago, maskas said:

@jackstone does your driver support the Sonoff ifan03 https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-ifan03-wifi-ceiling-fan-light-controller.html

Thanks.

As stated, the driver support ONLY the non-cloud Sonoff device (noted "DIY" on their website)image.png.d5b608bdfa1be478c6ca2cbd6e5afd54.png

I do not plan to write a driver for the cloud device because as most cloud stuff, it work for a time, then the cloud crap changes or die, and the device become unusable... So I'll stick with local control as much as possible.

7 hours ago, jackstone said:

As stated, the driver support ONLY the non-cloud Sonoff device (noted "DIY" on their website)image.png.d5b608bdfa1be478c6ca2cbd6e5afd54.png

I do not plan to write a driver for the cloud device because as most cloud stuff, it work for a time, then the cloud crap changes or die, and the device become unusable... So I'll stick with local control as much as possible.

Thanks I understand what you're saying. Just one thing though, it seems the ifan03 is reflashable with tasmota. Would that make it support able by your driver in the future? Or any other fan comtroller you are planning on adding support for?

9 hours ago, maskas said:

Thanks I understand what you're saying. Just one thing though, it seems the ifan03 is reflashable with tasmota. Would that make it support able by your driver in the future? Or any other fan comtroller you are planning on adding support for?

Yes i'm aware of this custom firmware but I prefer not going this route... I want my driver to be accessible for the average dealer, not the DIY at home... Anyways, this home DIY person is certainly aware how to flash the custom firmware and make it run in C4 using MQTT.

11 hours ago, maskas said:

I believe you are mixing DIY with Tasmota, Sonoff DIY is leaving the device with firmware without reflash and without Itead cloud instead use it locally with Jack driver.

13 hours ago, maskas said:

Do you know if tasmota allow direct network command? Whit no MQTT or cloud? If it does, it wouldn't be so hard to add support into the driver without breaking the DIY support.

8 minutes ago, jackstone said:

Do you know if tasmota allow direct network command? Whit no MQTT or cloud? If it does, it wouldn't be so hard to add support into the driver without breaking the DIY support.

I'm not sure to be honest, but another user just posted that it is possible.

5 minutes ago, juan15pablo said:

Hi Jack,

Yes, I use my sonoff with tasmota and C4 sending http commands...

Ok, I may take a look... But I don't have any other Sonoff devices other than the two DIY... I do not plan to order more of their stuff but if someone want this driver to have support for more Sonoff devices with direct lan control, just send me the device and I will give you a driver license for free in exchange.

7 minutes ago, jackstone said:

Ok, I may take a look... But I don't have any other Sonoff devices other than the two DIY... I do not plan to order more of their stuff but if someone want this driver to have support for more Sonoff devices with direct lan control, just send me the device and I will give you a driver license for free in exchange.

Please check Inbox.

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, zaphod said:

Wrould this driver work with the Sonoff Powr3 - https://sonoff.tech/product/diy-smart-switches/powr3/  I want to use this to control my Swimming Pool Pump. @jackstone - Would you driver work with this?   W mode

No it doesn't, the driver is pretty dated and wasn't that popular. Someone else have done a newer driver I think, not sure if it needs the cloud connection or not, or if it'll work with the device you're looking for though...

1 minute ago, jackstone said:

No it doesn't, the driver is pretty dated and wasn't that popular. Someone else have done a newer driver I think, not sure if it needs the cloud connection or not, or if it'll work with the device you're looking for though...

Merci beaucoup!

That's great news! Having a proper Control4 (C4) driver for the SONOFF $5 Smart Switch without relying on MQTT or the cloud is a significant development. This means that you can integrate the SONOFF Smart Switch seamlessly into your Control4 smart home system, enhancing the overall automation and control capabilities.

With this driver, you can likely enjoy the following benefits:

• Local Control: You can control the SONOFF Smart Switch directly from your Control4 system, ensuring fast and reliable responses without depending on cloud servers.

• Privacy: Since you don't need to connect to the cloud, your data and device information stay more secure and private.

• Customization: You may have more advanced control options and customization features within your Control4 system, allowing for tailored automation scenarios.

• Seamless Integration: Integration with Control4 means you can incorporate the SONOFF Smart Switch into your existing Control4 scenes and automation routines.

• Reliability: Control4 is known for its reliability, so having a dedicated driver ensures a stable and consistent experience.

To make the most of this driver, you'll likely need to follow some installation and configuration instructions specific to Control4 and the SONOFF device. Be sure to consult the documentation provided by the driver to set it up correctly.

Keep in mind that the availability of such drivers may vary over time, so it's essential to check for the latest updates and compatibility with your specific SONOFF model and Control4 system. Enjoy the enhanced smart home control experience with your SONOFF Smart Switch!

3 hours ago, Smart Technology said:

To make the most of this driver, you'll likely need to follow some installation and configuration instructions specific to Control4 and the SONOFF device. Be sure to consult the documentation provided by the driver to set it up correctly.

Checked the Sonoff website and did not found anything about c4. Which driver do you mean? where do we get those informations?

9 hours ago, Smart Technology said:

That's great news! Having a proper Control4 (C4) driver for the SONOFF $5 Smart Switch without relying on MQTT or the cloud is a significant development. This means that you can integrate the SONOFF Smart Switch seamlessly into your Control4 smart home system, enhancing the overall automation and control capabilities.

With this driver, you can likely enjoy the following benefits:

• Local Control: You can control the SONOFF Smart Switch directly from your Control4 system, ensuring fast and reliable responses without depending on cloud servers.

• Privacy: Since you don't need to connect to the cloud, your data and device information stay more secure and private.

• Customization: You may have more advanced control options and customization features within your Control4 system, allowing for tailored automation scenarios.

• Seamless Integration: Integration with Control4 means you can incorporate the SONOFF Smart Switch into your existing Control4 scenes and automation routines.

• Reliability: Control4 is known for its reliability, so having a dedicated driver ensures a stable and consistent experience.

Keep in mind that the availability of such drivers may vary over time, so it's essential to check for the latest updates and compatibility with your specific SONOFF model and Control4 system. Enjoy the enhanced smart home control experience with your SONOFF Smart Switch!

What driver are you advertising for?

6 hours ago, Kaas Mayer said:

Checked the Sonoff website and did not found anything about c4. Which driver do you mean? where do we get those informations?

To be fair there are 2 more drivers for Sonoff:

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/lighting/sonoff/

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/lighting/sonoff-ewelink/

1 hour ago, Amr said:

i know both drivers but it for me it sounded more like a official driver. not like diy dirvers. maybe i am wrong. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.