C4 Forums | Control4

Unifi Wireless Outlet

I love tp link. Used them before C4 and now with C4 in our new build we put them in strategic locations (heated towel warmer, where we plan to put xmas tree, decorations, dog door to not let her out in rain, etc). Blend in nicely and ability to control individually top and bottom outlets. 

26 minutes ago, JSTRONG said:

Control4 just launched the new outlet dimmer and outlet switch for less cost. Also chowmain makes a driver for tpkink. 

On the C4 website that looks like the old outlet dimmer... Has the model number changed?

31 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Yes. Chowmain soft makes one. Check out drivercentral.io

Thanks, even with paying for the driver, the TP link's are so cheap makes a better solution than the C4 outlet dimmer.

If you like tinkering, you can use Berto MQTT/mDNS driver with Tasmota, you will have like 150 options, there is a flood of Smart Plugs, Strips, Cords that is flashable and cost from $7 ~ $30, every color and size you can imagine, only if you like tinkering, otherwise refrain 😏

22 hours ago, achoudhary said:

C4 outlet/outlet dimmers suck! I haven’t seen the new one yet but they are expensive and the plastic is cheap.

Is the TP Link this one?
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1454259-REG/tp_link_kp200.html

Thats one of the many models we support.  Wish that particular model was available worldwide as it is a killer product.  At under $30usd MSRP it is a great price point!  In-wall for the win!

41-IwzOsLFL._AC_SY400_.jpg

1 minute ago, alanchow said:

Thats one of the many models we support.  Wish that particular model was available worldwide as it is a killer product.  At under $30usd MSRP it is a great price point!  In-wall for the win!

Yep, 110v only unfortunately, I love in-wall but EU standards 🧐

• 4 weeks later...

Dim lights attached to 3-way switches with TP-Link

Looks like TP-Link has switches, 3-way switches and dimmers. Can the dimmers be used to replace 3-way switches so those lights can also be dimmed?

Or perhaps switches can be used as dummies along with dimmers for 3-way lights?

Thanks,

AJ

This might work really well for our low voltage outdoor led lighting transformer.

To confirm, when integrated into C4 you’ll have the ability to control two devices separately within a single outlet?

For my use case I’d have the low voltage transformer plugged into one which i could turn on/off and a kegerator fridge plugged into the other which would always remain on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, jebt2921 said:

This might work really well for our low voltage outdoor led lighting transformer.

To confirm, when integrated into C4 you’ll have the ability to control two devices separately within a single outlet?

For my use case I’d have the low voltage transformer plugged into on which i could turn on/off and a kegerator fridge plugged into the other which would always remain on.

Great use case.  I have same scenario.  I wonder if the wifi signal is strong enough to make it through exterior brick reliably?

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:
13 minutes ago, ejn1 said:
Great use case.  I have same scenario.  I wonder if the wifi signal is strong enough to make it through exterior brick reliably?

That would be about your WiFi network. Not something anyone can answer for you

agree, was just wondering aloud about the device (in a metal cabinet) on an exterior brick wall might catch a signal reliably.   I would check signal strength prior to installing but it is a great use case as the typical outdoor lighting timer is no match for C4 programming options.

I was thinking of using this or a C4 outlet switch. Which would you’ll recommend?

One of my WAP is indoor right inside the window close to this and signal is strong so I think WiFi or zigbee would do fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.