C4 Forums | Control4

SR-250 remote programing

Hello

Our C4 echnicain tried to program new remotes yesterday with no luck. We have version 2.9 installed and my other SR250 remotes are working. I am just adding more remotes. The new remotes are SR-250 and brand new. When we press the Control 4 red button 4 times the Mac address does not come up on the programing screen and we cant get the remotes on line and as such not recognized. The screen on the remote keeps showing Control 4 remote. Pressing the room off and the few digit codes in the instructions did not reset the remote either. I even brought over the working remotes and pressed the red button 4 and the MAC address would not pop up on the computer screen.

Any idea what we may be doing wrong?

1 hour ago, silverrules said:

Hello

Our C4 echnicain tried to program new remotes yesterday with no luck. We have version 2.9 installed and my other SR250 remotes are working. I am just adding more remotes. The new remotes are SR-250 and brand new. When we press the Control 4 red button 4 times the Mac address does not come up on the programing screen and we cant get the remotes on line and as such not recognized. The screen on the remote keeps showing Control 4 remote. Pressing the room off and the few digit codes in the instructions did not reset the remote either. I even brought over the working remotes and pressed the red button 4 and the MAC address would not pop up on the computer screen.

Any idea what we may be doing wrong?

This remote is Embernet, you need to upgrade its firmware to Zigbee pro! Your C4 technician knows how to upgrade it and it require an HC200 or HC300 for this to work!

2 minutes ago, silverrules said:

Thanks guys.

Yes. remotes are brand new. I personally took of the plastic wraps. I will let him know to upgrade firmware using HC200.

Yep, it will upgrade twice, once in his lap to the version they have on the HC200 and 2nd to your current version 2.9 when it’s identified in your project. What is your main controller?

6 minutes ago, silverrules said:

Thanks Amr and will do. I have the HC800 controller.

Any reason not upgrading to 2.10.6? I have a much better Zigbee mesh with this latest release for OS2.

Let me say that a different way, if they are extremely old new remotes like 7+ years old them they may be on embernet and not zigbee pro. Which is why they are saying downgrade one controller to do an embernet to zigbee upgrade. What did the boxes they came in look like? White cardboard or brown?

52 minutes ago, silverrules said:

We recently upgraded the HC200's to version 2.9. I am being told that we need to down rev. one of the HC200's to older version software before the remotes are recognized. Is this really true?

Thanks

Yes ask them to dedicate one of these HC200 to this job and to downgrade to 2.5.3 to upgrade to Zpro.

SR250s, HC200s, HC300s, HC250s, there’s not a single product being discussed in this thread that is remotely new.

Other than for cost saving reasons, why would you not just buy SR260s and EA-1s?

By purchasing HC250s, you are just digging yourself another hole to get out of in the very near future when they become truly end of line and unsupported. You can’t have HC250s in OS3 at all so you are already blocking any further upgrade potential by adding them to the system. 

8 hours ago, Crustyloafer said:

SR250s, HC200s, HC300s, HC250s, there’s not a single product being discussed in this thread that is remotely new.

Other than for cost saving reasons, why would you not just buy SR260s and EA-1s?

By purchasing HC250s, you are just digging yourself another hole to get out of in the very near future when they become truly end of line and unsupported. You can’t have HC250s in OS3 at all so you are already blocking any further upgrade potential by adding them to the system. 

HC250 are $20 and EA1 more like $300.I have 5 of these throught the house. I am very happy with my current set up and it works wondefully and no plan to upgrade.. I let the braves keep upgrading. 

3 hours ago, silverrules said:

HC250 are $20 and EA1 more like $300.I have 5 of these throught the house. I am very happy with my current set up and it works wondefully and no plan to upgrade.. I let the braves keep upgrading. 

No worries, that’s what I thought. Glad to hear all working well. 

14 hours ago, Crustyloafer said:

I don't want to start a controversy but the SR250's are solid rock compared to the SR260 screen issues, not to mention T3 and  DS2 crappy issues, I consider myself very brave and am reluctant to upgrade beyond HC800/2.10.6 till figuring out these 3 main issues, Intercom/Touch Screens/Remotes!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.