C4 Forums | Control4

Blindster Blinds - Remote - Bond Bridge won't work

Hey Guys,

So i bought a few bond bridges since they work with C4 and are able to control RF signals. Well, thought it would be that easy, but it wasn't. C4 programming was easily able to work with Bond, Bond easily connected with the remote, but the app wouldn't connect to the blinds. I contacted Bond and they said that their bridge could recognize, but not work with the remote. I gave them the FCC ID and they told me in 1 min. Does anyone know any other bridges that could work in this application? Blindster.com blinds are inexpensive, but awesome... so trying to save some money on 32 of them in the house. 

12 hours ago, mpeccon said:

Hey Guys,

So i bought a few bond bridges since they work with C4 and are able to control RF signals. Well, thought it would be that easy, but it wasn't. C4 programming was easily able to work with Bond, Bond easily connected with the remote, but the app wouldn't connect to the blinds. I contacted Bond and they said that their bridge could recognize, but not work with the remote. I gave them the FCC ID and they told me in 1 min. Does anyone know any other bridges that could work in this application? Blindster.com blinds are inexpensive, but awesome... so trying to save some money on 32 of them in the house. 

What motors are they using or what's the FCCID?

Do you know why they aren't working specifically?

Sure! So I talked with Bond and they said that their bridge will recognize the frequency, but they only will work with Somfy (sp). So going through the Bond application, setup and everything worked/sync'd, but when you tried to use the app to actually raise/lower it didnt do anything. 

FCC ID - VYY-DD5712

433.92MHz

Does the Bind bridge control the blinds without C4 in the mix?

I had 3 fans where none of them were in the ‘approved’ FCC ID list but was still able to program them into the Bond bridge and they work fine. Two were RF and one was IR - all three were not in their database.

I did have to try a few of the recommended templates that came up with the programming to find the command group that worked best.

If you haven’t tried just using the Bond app by itself to control the blinds, I would try that first. If that isn’t working, try reprogramming the remote and see if there are other recommended templates to choose from until you find one that works for what you need.

If the Bond bridge doesn’t control the blinds by itself, then adding C4 won’t fix anything. I would take C4 out of the equation first and just try the Bind app on your phone to see if that works. If not, try a different remote pairing process, different learning button on the remote or a different command template and see if that works.

I wish we made it to the C4 part... We only made it to getting the RF remote to pair to the Bond application on the phone and the bond hub... Never even got to the part of pulling the drivers into C4 and that side of thigns. 

So now trying to find another bridge that might work with these remotes. I was provided this link by my installer and i've reached out to them, but haven't heard anything back. Hopefully y'all know a bridge that will work with the remote and C4 so i can get these working. 

https://www.rolleaseacmeda.com/us/products/smarthome

Was told the Hub at the bottom is what would work. 

1 hour ago, mpeccon said:

I wish we made it to the C4 part... We only made it to getting the RF remote to pair to the Bond application on the phone and the bond hub... Never even got to the part of pulling the drivers into C4 and that side of thigns. 

So now trying to find another bridge that might work with these remotes. I was provided this link by my installer and i've reached out to them, but haven't heard anything back. Hopefully y'all know a bridge that will work with the remote and C4 so i can get these working. 

There are some other threads on rollease on the forum. I think they point also to this driver https://annex4.link/drivers/automate-pulse

Thanks! If I could get to the C4 integration that would be awesome. I'm needing to find the bridge that can get me to the application that then would also work with C4. As of right now I'm stuck at finding a bridge that will pick up the RF and sync. 

8 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Pretty sure Bond controls Rollease motors too.

Well... I'm glad  you said that. I reached out to Bond and got someone different. Vs. being told they only work with Somfy blinds they gave me this to try. I figured i'd put it here so if anyone searches in the future they could have a potential work around. I'm going to give it a shot in an hour. 

Your remote with FCCID VYY-DD5712 is not yet tested or supported by the bond. Since the remote's frequency falls in the supported frequency range, you can try to manually program each functions. One moment while I sent you some steps to try. :)
- Use new remote batteries to make sure it can support the programming - Press and hold the button from the remote during programming or if it doesn't record, please try the steps again but this time repeatedly press and release the button. - It is important that the remote is next to the Bond when programming - Click + (plus) sign - Select "Remote Control" then choose your bond - Select "Shades" - Select "Other" then choose the location and click continue - Please try to program one function first - Click on "Advanced Setting" - Select "Signal type" and choose "Radio Frequency (RF)" - Enter remote’s frequency range 433.91 or 433.92 - Turn off "Search Remote Database" and click save - Select "Start" and continue with the pairing process - When the system displays the test with just the button, test if it works. If so, click yes or this is my remote. - Click Done.

3 hours ago, mpeccon said:

Have you tried deleting that item and relearning the remote using a different button?  Did the Bond recognize the remote signal at all?  I had an issue with one remote where I had to try a few times and even had to press a different button (i.e. one time light on, one time fan speed, one time lights off) when trying to pair the remote to the bridge.

When the bridge picked up that signal it gave a list of 3 or 4 different 'remotes' that matched the signal that I could choose from one of those.  Sometimes I had to try all 3 before I found one that worked.

Assuming you tried all of this but figured it was worth mentioning.

Also, did you upgrade the firmware on your Bond bridge? 

Also, I believe there are two bridges - the newer one has a wider spectrum of RF frequencies due to some newer hardware.  I just bought mine a few weeks ago but the serial number starts with a 'B' and I didn't have any issues - someone must have had this sitting in inventory for a while since that was the old bridge version.  The newer serial numbers start with a 'Z' I believe.  I've heard that people have gotten their units upgraded or did a return at the retailer and purchased elsewhere.

Again, not sure that's your issue but worth investigating. You can find more on this in the Bond community forums. 

Anyway, if you find another hub that just works - great. If not, maybe some of the above might help.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

Pretty sure Bond controls Rollease motors too.

I worked on a take over job the last few weeks from URC to Control4. His previous two dealers? had installed somfy in some rooms and Rollease in the other. The bond obviously worked with the somfy, but did not work with the Rollease. The commands will learn in but they don't work. Think there is something else propitiatory going on inside their signal like a rolling garage code.

16 hours ago, mpeccon said:

Hey Guys,

Which blinds did you order and do they actually have the Rollease motors?  Asking because I went through a retrofit effort on their roman shades with Somfy RTS motors.  It's working but I wouldn't recommend it.

blindster.com is the blind company. They are out of houston. incredible prices and really nice quality. Example - 70"x70" motorized roller 5% shade was $425 shipped. The same for hunter douglas was over $1,000... that's why i'm hoping for a solution to work these blinds. 

16 hours ago, mpeccon said:

blindster.com is the blind company. They are out of houston. incredible prices and really nice quality. Example - 70"x70" motorized roller 5% shade was $425 shipped. The same for hunter douglas was over $1,000... that's why i'm hoping for a solution to work these blinds. 

Yes - I know.  I actually ordered their roman shades and did a retrofit with Somfy RTS motors.  Wanted to know if they really use Rollease motors since it seems that there is a bridge that can integrate with Control4.  Please let us know if you get it working with Control4 either way.  

I have mine integrated using Bond and their working great.  We want to purchase more and I really don't want to do another retrofit.  And like you, I looked at Graber and Hunter Douglas and both were 2x-3x times more expensive.  Plus I was able to purchase the SOMFY Sonesse 30 WireFree (Li-Ion) RTS Rechargeable motors for less than $100 each.  

So i've been told that the Automate Pluse works with the Rollease motors!!!! I'm ordering a hub today and hopefully going to be able to try these out shortly. IF this works i'll make sure to update everyone. Could be a way to save a TON of money!!!

48 minutes ago, mpeccon said:

So i've been told that the Automate Pluse works with the Rollease motors!!!! I'm ordering a hub today and hopefully going to be able to try these out shortly. IF this works i'll make sure to update everyone. Could be a way to save a TON of money!!!

5 hours ago, SY3 said:

Assuming you're getting the Automate Pulse 2.  Found it here https://www.avoutlet.com/window-treatments/shade-components/motorized/remote-controls/rollease-pulse-2-mobile-device-interface/.  I ordered a lot of my shade parts from them and they have been great to work with.

Yup. That’s where I got mine.  

Pulse V2 has been a significant improvement over v1.  With the Annex drivers the shades just work.  I’d like to see some minor improvements in the drivers but using the Rollease motors saved me a boatload of money.

• 5 months later...
On 7/22/2020 at 3:17 PM, mpeccon said:

Old thread I know but since someone else dug it up I thought I’d mention as a comparison Bali Somfy via Costco for 58” x 74” were very similar in price and integrated via Vera very easily. 

Hey guys - sorry... didn't see the other ask

@Carboranadum - Bond did not work. It would see it through the app, but couldn't get it controlled through the C4 app. However, the Automate Pulse 2 (must be the 2) worked like a charm and was able to use the c4 application. 

@evil0ne - I hear ya, but really not close in price at all especially with selection. 

Width: 70 3/4"
Height: 71 "
Mount Type: Inside
Color: Metro/Platinum Q66 5% 
Total - Shipped and Tax - $400.48

With all they have to offer this would have saved us almost 10k alone in the house. However, I'm glad I started with only one as we realized that we didn't like the roller shade (at least the 5%) as it made the house feel too closed in so we are going to go a different route. If you have clients i'd highly suggest them go to blindster and get samples (free) and then go this route. That should then free up budget for other C4 applications and make you more money!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.